iPhone I am stumped!!!!!!!!!!! Please help

Emmvee

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey Guys
I have been repairing Iphones for a while now but I am stumped with this one.
I've been asked to repair an IPhone 3gs that is stuck in a loop.
It wont turn on unless its plugged in to a charger , when it is plugged in it starts with apple logo for about 15 seconds then reboots. It just continues to do that.
I have tried a stock restore up to ios 5 and also a restore to various other firmware. I can put it in DFU mode using ireb but during the restore it wont go further than " verifying restore with apple" it throws up either a 1601,1602 or 3194 error.
please help as i am completely at a loss

I thought iReb was also able to kick it out of DFU mode. Which version is it? TU also does the same, whether JB or not.

I thought iReb was also able to kick it out of DFU mode. Which version is it? TU also does the same, whether JB or not.

I can put it in and out of dfu mode.... it ireb 4... Ill try TU..

Try turning iPhone off and then on again. If the iPhone will not turn off, try to reset it. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until either the Apple logo or battery symbol appears. If the battery symbol appears, continue to charge iPhone until it is fully charged, If that doesn't work, try restoring the device (again)

Try turning iPhone off and then on again. If the iPhone will not turn off, try to reset it. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until either the Apple logo or battery
symbol appears. If the battery symbol appears, continue to charge iPhone until it is fully charged, If that doesn't work, try restoring the device (again)

Ok.. Ive done that . I now have the itunes logo on the phone..... I am trying to restore it again but its not getting past " preparing iphone for restore "

I think you are going to have to put it back into DFU mode to do the restore (don't use iREB)

Turn the iPhone off (hold down the power button at the top of the iPhone)

Hold down the sleep/power button and home button together for exactly 10 seconds, then release the power button

Continue to hold down the Home button until a message appears in iTunes telling you an iPhone in recover mode has been detected

I think you are going to have to put it back into DFU mode to do the restore (don't use iREB)

Turn the iPhone off (hold down the power button at the top of the iPhone)

Hold down the sleep/power button and home button together for exactly 10 seconds, then release the power button

Continue to hold down the Home button until a message appears in iTunes telling you an iPhone in recover mode has been detected

Ok.... Now it sticks on " verifying restore with apple " while rebooting to the itunes logo...also now have 1611 error

Solution for Error 1611 :

1- Change the USB port the phone is plugged in to. Do not plug the phone back in yet.

2- Reboot the computer then plug the phone in and immediately restart the phone in DFU WHILE CONNECTED to the computer.

3- Hit restore.

Solution for Error 1611 :

1- Change the USB port the phone is plugged in to. Do not plug the phone back in yet.

2- Reboot the computer then plug the phone in and immediately restart the phone in DFU WHILE CONNECTED to the computer.

3- Hit restore.

Ok thats done......didnt work.... while its trying to verify with apple it keeps rebooting... Then I get 1611 error. its now stuck on itunes logo... shud i try it on a completely clean laptop ( no itunes on )

if you plug your iphonr into itunes , it will reconize it and you should be able to restore

Itunes does recognise it as "IPhone" But it wont get past the "verify restore with apple".. It just keeps rebooting during that stage

hi mate Issue
When trying to restore your iPhone in iTunes, the following message followed by an error code 1601 or 1602:

The iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred.
Or when trying to restore your iPhone in iTunes, you may see the following message:

The iPhone "[username]" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1602)
Solution
Completely remove iTunes and Apple Mobile Device support and then reinstall iTunes latest version .

am sure i had this problem back in the day and the fix was trying it on another computer(mac)

Sorted it

Ok will try both solutions.
I'll let you know how it goes guys

Back