iPhone I am stumped!!!!!!!!!!! Please help

Ok Its bin a few days but the latest is..
Niether solution worked. When I tried it on a different pc I got a 1611 error

When you restore, are you using the correct latest firmware for the phone? I didn't think you could install any old firmware without the blobs. Are you downloading and Shift clicking restore to select the downloaded firmware?

When you restore, are you using the correct latest firmware for the phone? I didn't think you could install any old firmware without the blobs. Are you downloading and Shift clicking restore to select the downloaded firmware?
I am just clicking on restore so I presume its getting the latest firmware from apple

Download the latest from here. (This is the latest for the 3gs)
Save it to your comp. Open itunes and shift click restore, navigate to the file and hopefully it will restore.

Save it to your comp. Open itunes and shift click restore, navigate to the file and hopefully it will restore.

Trying it now.. I will keep you informed

1611 error.. It gets to " preparing iphone for restore" but the apple logo comes up without the progress bar.. it reboots a few times then throws up the error

Had a problem much like you describe, I ended up using redsnow (0.9.9b8) to restore pointing it to the 5.0 firmware. Worth a try

hi mate Try this rebooting both iPhone and PC/Mac.
Make sure the iPhone is in DFU mode.
On a Mac - BEFORE creating the custom ipsw, delete restore files found in ~/Library/iTunes/Device Support
On a PC – Delete device support files (restore files) in iTunes folder in the following locations
Windows 7 and Vista : C:/*UsersName*/AppData/Roaming/Apple Computer/iTunesDevice Support
Windows XP : C:/Documents and Settings/*UserName*/Application Data/Apple Computer/iTunes/Device Support
Try restoring to the custom firmware via iTunes by (shift+restore on Windows, Option + Restore on Mac)

also check this video out
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok Guys.. We have progress....all attemps at a restore had seemed to have failed because it just kept rebooting.. so i plugged it into the mains charger and it started to boot as it had been doing but then it didnt REBOOT... I now have the itunes logo and an the slider which takes me to the emergency call screen..... Eurika I thought.. BUT...............if i then unplug it and plug it into pc it starts the reboot sequence...... if i leave it in the mains charger it reboots after about 5 mins back to continuous rebooting...

hi mate u have a few options the new redsn0w or tinyumbrella both will kick your device out of the recovery

hi mate u have a few options the new redsn0w or tinyumbrella both will kick your device out of the recovery

Thanx Biffo1......I have tried both programs.Redsn0w exploits then just sits there saying " waiting for reboot" and the phone just loops
TU says device not connected but still goes through the process off trying to fix recovery..nothing happens

As soon as i take the phone out of the mains charger it goes off and when i plug it into pc it just loops

my phone got stuck in loop what i did was to wait until it finished loop ie apple logo goes off hold home button while at same time plug data cable in,then mine camwe up with itunes logo opened itunes on pc and did a restore
hope this helps

Back