how to adjust bass and treble in vista ?

CAROLANN

Inactive User
Reaction score
is there a way in windows vista to adjust the sound properties apart from using the sound chip software ???

If i remember right in previous versions of windows you could adjust the bass and treble etc in the sound properties, i cant remember though, maybe that was away way back in the old age, but surley theres a way to do it so that you dont need to keep manually turning the knobs on your amp etc ??

Its a bit more awkward with Vista

Anyway with my creative audigy card, I right click on my little speaker on task bar, click on playback devices, then double click on the speakers, and should see a tone tab in that window

Hope this helps

Its a bit more awkward with Vista

Anyway with my creative audigy card, I right click on my little speaker on task bar, click on playback devices, then double click on the speakers, and should see a tone tab in that window

Hope this helps

i dont see a "tone tab" mate ??

If it's for listening to music, you could try using Winamp which has a graphic equaliser built in.

yea mate, my soundchip software has an equaliser etc, but i was trying to find out if its possible to adjust the bass and treble in windows vista without the need for other software.

I'm a bit confused about what you are actually trying to do.. If you are ajusting Bass & Treb, I guess you are listening to music or speech. Just about any software to do this includes tone controls or a graphic equaliser (even good old windows media player).

Anhow, the only place you may find basic tone controls in Vista is under the options-advanced tab of the volume control panel (but I expect that was the first place you looked!). It may be greyed out. Depends on your hardware.

Good luck!

Back