How much for just a dish install?

GavinP

Inactive User
Reaction score
Im between homes at the moment, and till i get some where sorted permanently i want to take my box with me between places.

Im out of contract so dont need it connected to phone line.

How much should i expect to pay for having a sky disk installed with at least a dual lnb?

I dont think i could deal with the hassle and im not sure if i could align it all myself anyway.

the fitters i use take anywhere from £45 to £60 for dish with quad lnb

M8 it is no more difficult IMO than installing an Ariel especially if it's a fix dish. Do a bit of reading on here and do it yourself saving some money in the process. :)

well i would usualy say do it yourself but depends on the location that you need to put dish
i wouldnt be up on no roof to save £30 let someone else take the risk

well i would usualy say do it yourself but depends on the location that you need to put dish
i wouldnt be up on no roof to save £30 let someone else take the risk

well i used to be a roofer but had a accident and fell off so my thoughts exactly lol

if its not a heights job then a s*y zone1 dish is pretty easy to install, (granted i have a field meter) but the astra2 birds are very strong along with the wide acceptence angle although i too get a bit wobberly when i get to high up. regards mdt

I have installed this type of dish on bungalows in the Clacton area so providing you have a clear line of sight height is not a problem, you can do it standing on an orange box (but a step ladder would be better). :Wave::Wave:

sweet il shout you when i have a property sorted!

If i was to do it myself do i need a signal meter?

I installed a motorised dish without a signal meter. I just used the inbuilt one on a dm600 clone at the time. I was up the ladder my missus shouted at me through the window lol.

Back