how much for a car thats needs a new engine

jfish

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
got a Zafira 52 plate 2.0 TDI thats needs a new engine . how much will I get for it

in the past 12 months I have replaced clutch, flywheel, master cylinder, battery, front and back callipers and brake disc/pads, 3 new tyres.

and cant be bothered spending more money on it so want to get rid.

Without a functioning engine, unless you strip it for parts, the car is usually only worth it's scrap value.

So it depends what the difference between the scrap value and the value with a new/recon engine is.

However, some dealers might take it as a part-ex on a new car?

the way i would work out the price is to find out how much that car would sale for with a full working engine

then find out how much it would cost to have a re-con engine fitted

then take that away from the price then take away ....i would say about £500 more

then you have you price you need to take away the £500 as it make it a cheap car for someone to get fixed or a dame good car for a D.I.Y job

if you find after that it only going to sale for £100 then scrap the car as you would get that for scrap or you could sale bits of the car

recon engine and labour about 600 quid - car value working is around 1500 - so theoritically 900 quid is what I should get but I know I wont get that much

Looking on Ebay average they go for is around 500 quid so will be happy to take that

Do EBay charge you when listing cars ?

Back