How long does Baileys last ?

oneman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Clearing out the cupboards today, from a unopened bottle of baileys from Nov 2008, do you think its still drinkable ? I think the website says something like 2 years.

18 months - 2 years, but it's a best before date, not use by.

Make a coffee, but instead of adding milk add Baileys. If you've floaters, pour it down the sink. If not, it should be safe. Once opened it should be refrigerated.

Normally consumption within 6 weeks is recommended, this far past it's best before I'd drink it within a couple of days of opening.

Last edited:
The 2 years that Bailey's state is for an opened bottle.
The alcohol in Bailey's will stop any bacteria growing in the drink, so the only thing that would make it undrinkable is if the cream has curdled and the way to find that out would be to pour some. If it has not curdled then it should be OK to drink, although the actual taste may have diminished.

Get your wife to try it. If she doesn't puke or shit within 6 hours then go for it m8 :)

get given a bottle every christmas from my mum.
about 8 or 9 un-opened in the cupboard, deff got a few that are about 10yrs old.
dunno about how long they keep though, some of the replies made me smile though !!

To answer your question, not long in my house!! My missus loves the stuff.
HH.

What you need to do is chuck it in the bin and make yourself a proper Irish coffee.

It'll be fine, the alcohol would preserve it right? What's the worst that could happen?

well I poured some into boiling water and it curdled so down the sink it went. I have a feeling it had been opened as it didn't feel full.

Best place for it. Disgusting stuff!

No no no, no no

Add a fill of brandy to a short tumbler and top up with Baileys or similar Irish cream, don't knock it till you've been unable to speak on it.

But yea if its manky, wing it.

Try it with milk..Mmm lovely...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

No no no, no no

Add a fill of brandy to a short tumbler and top up with Baileys or similar Irish cream, don't knock it till you've been unable to speak on it.

But yea if its manky, wing it.

Thanks for the suggestion, but the only thing I would ever add to brandy is...er, more brandy. :drunk:

How long does any booze last? I have bottles opened, Gin, Vodka, Whisky.... I keep getting them out year on year when we have parties like New Year or BBQ's and no one has died yet!

How long does any booze last? I have bottles opened, Gin, Vodka, Whisky.... I keep getting them out year on year when we have parties like New Year or BBQ's and no one has died yet!

Baileys isn't like straightforward spirits, it has other stuff in it which can go off.

Back