How long does Baileys last ?

Baileys isn't like straightforward spirits, it has other stuff in it which can go off.

Its got cream, "Baileys Irish cream" the alcohol and additives preserve it somewhat but it does spoil. One of the few girl drinks I am rather partial too. :)

How long does any booze last? I have bottles opened, Gin, Vodka, Whisky.... I keep getting them out year on year when we have parties like New Year or BBQ's and no one has died yet!

Any straight forward spirit such as Gin, Vodka, Whisky, Brandy or whatever else will never actually go "off" as the alchol preserves it, however it is likely that if it has been opened that the strength of the taste will lessen and some of it may evaporate.
Liquers are slightly different and will last quite a long time but when they start to crystalise then although they shouldn't poisen you it would be a good idea to dispose of them.
A fallacy that some people believe is that an unopened bottle of whisky or brandy will age and improve in the bottle, a bottle of whisky that has been left unopened for 25 years will taste exactly the same as it would have if opened when bought. The likes of Brandy and Whisky only improve with age when left in the barrels used for ageing after the whisky has been distilled, this is because the barrels used are often old sherry casks or bourbon barrels and the tastes of the sherry or bourbon that soaked into the wood of the barrels seeps into the whisky. It is also believed that the type of air from where the ageing takes place can also affect the taste, so whiskies aged in coastal areas can taste different to those aged inland in that they have a slightly salty taste.

:roflmao: with all you pi$$ heads on here a bottle will last you about 30mins.

I walked past a bottle in sainsburys earlier and ended up buying it, you lot on here putting ideas in me little head that is, when my heads bonging in the morning I shall be blaming yoos :alcohol:

Back