how can i get a pace 2000 box working in ex c&w?

breal59a

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi
i have a 2000t pace box from a tw area- i have already extracted the box key, but now im trying to get it to work in an ex c&w area. Sorry im a bit confused about where to start. What would i need to do? Would i just have to set the net id for the area that i am in? how do i change the frequency?

u need to clear the memory then reset the net id to the area u are at the frequency will default to (cant remember) think 666.750 then prog the card

to clear the memory not sure if there is a jumper on the 2000s best way is using libby

Last edited:
i tried to program it using the libdebug program but the box was not reading properly and it just stayed on the ap:52 display, i tried editing the cfg file using my net id but it was not displaying the right net id number on the libdebug program. The only way i could reset the net id was to pull the jumper out and even then i was getting other random net id numbers and not ''09999.''
Is there any other things i could try to get the right net id displayed? or is there something wrong that i am doing with the libdebug program? The digital box is just displaying- ap:52. What does that mean?

i was about to jump into ur air space and tell u to do some reading before jumping into here asking how to do things, then i re read ur thread and kinda worked out that u have tried to help urself......lol

from what ur saying about what u did with libby, i asume u know what u were doing with it was correct....however saying that, did u save the changed config file as a cfg file before u tried to re use it...if so, and u were still getting random numbers, even after pulling the jumper, is too set it via the fun card method.

having re read again through the first post, i'm not so sure if u really know anything about how anything is done...... i don't know how u manage to extract the bk from ur box..... and if u did the correct way, via removing the atty's and reading them, then i'll return and take me hat of to ya...but regardless of this, as this is irrelavant to to ur problem...i think u need to do some reading through previous threads on here as everything u need to know is here..... peeps are here to help u. not do it for u.

i tried to program it using the libdebug program but the box was not reading properly and it just stayed on the ap:52 display, i tried editing the cfg file using my net id but it was not displaying the right net id number on the libdebug program. The only way i could reset the net id was to pull the jumper out and even then i was getting other random net id numbers and not ''09999.''
Is there any other things i could try to get the right net id displayed? or is there something wrong that i am doing with the libdebug program? The digital box is just displaying- ap:52. What does that mean?
ap52 is a signal issue

yes i saved it as a cfg file but im still getting random net id numbers. How can i tell if the libdebug program is transfering data to the box?
it worked in the tw area. I was getting the black and yellow screen when i first tried it, but since i took the jumper out im just getting the virgin media screen.

Last edited:
the net id wont go to 09999 what area u in excw, have u tried the funcard method when u have cleared the sram

im in c&w area, i was just wondering- will the 3.7 software for c&w be a factor? I heard that some telewest boxes are not on the 3.7 software yet. Could that cause it to not work?
Also when i reboot the box i hold in the standby button and ''OKAY'' displays at the front of the box, and then it goes to ''0000'' but im not sure what to do next. Could this posiibly be a way to get my net id?

im in c&w area, i was just wondering- will the 3.7 software for c&w be a factor? I heard that some telewest boxes are not on the 3.7 software yet. Could that cause it to not work?

No. It would still work,

Have you enterd the net id and freq,!! One needs doing in eg menu,The other with libby, or try a funcard method.

ok u dont need to pull the jumper
conect the box up to ur serial cable
start libby
now connect the box to the power
and wait
in libby u will see the comunication with the box with info in libby let it finish
now make sure u have 1000/2000 cfg file loaded
go to clear sram
then go to netid
look for ur area
and click on it then click execute command
on close libby and remove the serial cable connect to tv
boot up in to engineers menu set default frequncy to ur areausing up and down channel buttons and the pressing the right and left buttons to move to the next number when done presstv to store
use the up and down buttons in the center to move down to the pin set to 1234 same as setting netid and store
now using ur left and right buttons in the center press the right to go to page 2 and see if the network id has been set
if it has
pull the power
now holding in the standby button power up when it goes to 0 0 0 0

press the 4 buttons in order
favorites
interactive
tv guide
tv
this should now show 4321

press the ok key
it will do an update and leave it to do this and boot up

vola

free tv

(when u have done the card)

ok u dont need to pull the jumper
conect the box up to ur serial cable
start libby
now connect the box to the power
and wait
in libby u will see the comunication with the box with info in libby let it finish
now make sure u have 1000/2000 cfg file loaded
go to clear sram
then go to netid
look for ur area
and click on it then click execute command
on close libby and remove the serial cable connect to tv
boot up in to engineers menu set default frequncy to ur areausing up and down channel buttons and the pressing the right and left buttons to move to the next number when done presstv to store
use the up and down buttons in the center to move down to the pin set to 1234 same as setting netid and store
now using ur left and right buttons in the center press the right to go to page 2 and see if the network id has been set
if it has
pull the power
now holding in the standby button power up when it goes to 0 0 0 0

press the 4 buttons in order
favorites
interactive
tv guide
tv
this should now show 4321

press the ok key
it will do an update and leave it to do this and boot up

vola

free tv

(when u have done the card)

thanks for ur help but my problem is when i go to page 2 on the engineers menu my net id has not been set to my area.

then u are using the wrong config file pm me your addy and the net id u wish to use

also sometimes when using libby to set the net id u have to do it twice which means after the first try unplug it and start again

Last edited:
i don't think ur using libby correctly....

when u click on start, u then power up it up staight away, u should then see within about 30 secs aload of date being down loaded on right hand side. but having said that, when other peeps have had this issue with the randon numbers, the only other way to do it is via the funcard to set net i.d.

thanks for ur help but my problem is when i go to page 2 on the engineers menu my net id has not been set to my area.
ok when u have clicked on ur network id his excute command about 5 times
i do
then check in engineers menu if not set do it again

i don't think ur using libby correctly....

when u click on start, u then power up it up staight away, u should then see within about 30 secs aload of date being down loaded on right hand side. but having said that, when other peeps have had this issue with the randon numbers, the only other way to do it is via the funcard to set net i.d.

im not sure if my box is connected to the computer properly because it goes through the same commands (reaches ap52) when it is connected to the computer as it would when it is normally connected. I see no 30 seconds of loading on the right hand side of libdebug either.

how are u connecting it to the computer think u need to find novice angels guide and start from scratch

im not sure if my box is connected to the computer properly because it goes through the same commands (reaches ap52) when it is connected to the computer as it would when it is normally connected. I see no 30 seconds of loading on the right hand side of libdebug either.
u need to conect it to the computer via a serail cable
make sure the right port is set as well
com 1 com 2????

u need to conect it to the computer via a serail cable
make sure the right port is set as well
com 1 com 2????

i have read the novice cable guide, i seem to be using the right lead. I am connecting through com port 3, it usually tells you if there is a com port error when it is trying to get the network id anyway.

yes it is definately not connecting to the computer because i tried to clear the pin number on the box but then when looked in the engineers menu it was still stored. I am also unable to get the net id by using the fun net id method so im wondering if is is something talkback related that is stopping it from getting the net id.

nothing to do with the talk back at all,,,,

connect ur lead to serial to com lead, with the box powered off, open up libby, then select the correct cfg file u want to use, then click start, then excute command then power box up straight away

Back