Hope somebody can help a newbie

tbaxter08700

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have bought a second hand dm500c today. It has already been flashed with a img etc.

anyway I have scanned and found a lot of channels but at the minute I can only view the FTA channels. The other just have a black screen.

It already has evocamd 2.12 on it and enabled. If I try to add a addon I get configfile parse error. If I try to software update I get cannot resolve hostname digitalworldz.co.uk/500/catalog.xml

Hope someone can help.

DM500c is a cable box and as such is dead in the water m8

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

if you are going down the cable route, then have a read up on kryptview boxes.
KryptView Receivers

a780 works and they have a new hd box out too..

better off going down the sat route though...

I will have a look. I actually bought the 500c by accident instead of the s :(

but you said you scanned and found plenty channels?

"anyway I have scanned and found a lot of channels but at the minute I can only view the FTA channels. The other just have a black screen. "

are you using a cable or sat setup?

I did? But the pay ones I just see a black screen. I just put a normal antenna connector on the end of the virgin media cable????

well if its a cable setup, kryptview would be your best bet, but they are limited and not that reliable lol.

best getting a dish up.. :)

I have all the dish and everything setup. Just need do get a cheap box that will do the job. Bit lost about the card sharing tho as I thought you didn't have to go down that route....

you said in first post you got a dm500c..c means cable,dm500s ..s means satellite

I have all the dish and everything setup. Just need do get a cheap box that will do the job. Bit lost about the card sharing tho as I thought you didn't have to go down that route....

Hi everyone. I have bought a second hand dm500c today. It has already been flashed with a img etc.

anyway I have scanned and found a lot of channels but at the minute I can only view the FTA channels. The other just have a black screen.

It already has evocamd 2.12 on it and enabled. If I try to add a addon I get configfile parse error. If I try to software update I get cannot resolve hostname digitalworldz.co.uk/500/catalog.xml

Hope someone can help.

Back