Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

homebrew

imyeman2000

Member ++
hi guys !been ages since been on the forum, my question is .. i done my wii ages ago i put homebrew on and can playbackup games to wich i have quite a few, but i have recently been changing my broadband and to get the wii shopping and bbc iplayer its telling me todo an update and it saying any unautherised stuff will be removed.. so would it delete my homebrew ... thanks guys any info is helpful

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you friend.. much appreciated have had a quick look at it and it doesnt give any instructions or do you get the inst when you download it... cheers

yes m8,
its like a modding wizzard.

it will ask you lots of questions.
eg what version wii you have, what version you want it to go to, usb loaders, channels etc....

then at the end of it, it will download everything you need and create a custom tutorial for you.

you want to run the modmii wizzard+guide. (top option)

when asked if you know what you want to update select no,
then select download all active ios
then it will ask what version wii you have and what you want it to go to.
just enyter what ever firmware your wii is on and i would tell it to upgrade to 4.3.

then there are loads of other question about installing usb loaders and diffrernt channels.
just choose what you want and get everything updated.. :)

can i ask , ive downloaded the modmii on computer and wen it asks run do i put it onto the sd caed like wen you do the homebrew.... ive looked on youtube for info as to how to install it but it just says dwnload onto your computer... nowt else...cheers

Yeah, you need an SD card to run it (and an external drive if you want to run games from it, highly recommend it). Honestly, run Modmii and follow the instructions,its a doddle

ive downloaded the programme onto my laptop into the downloads when i open it it asks where would you like to install modmii...and showing c:\modmii browse.... ive tried clicking next then all boxes are ticked and at bottom click finish then it goes black and shows a disclaimer and asks to click i agree then comes up asking me to type i agree... after that i click on modmii wizard guide then asks is it first time softmoddin wii yes or no..ive clicked yes because im not sure , it then asks what system i have ....is this correct so far...! and its all still been done on the laptop, do i go thru all the process first then transfer it onto sd card and run it in the wii...

after doin everthing asked i started the dwnload and it stopped and said a file coudnt be found and asked to use windows to fix or use a desired programme from files and i the background something else was running a dark blue screen and loads info goin on to it... do i need to start again and how do i solve the prog that couldnt found thanks

in windows that came up wen prog could not be found windows said about the file that the file contains a web page. programme files containing plain text,hyper text markup language (html)code you may search the following web sites blah blah blah do i ignore this or can it harm the resul....cheers guys

i'm not sure whats going there m8,
i would uninstal modmii and redownload it.

once downloaded, instal modmii like any other program on your pc, if you choose instal to desktop it will create a folder on your desktop called modmii.
this is the way i do it.

once you run modmii and use the wizard, it downloads everything you need,
it will create folders in the modmii folder.
1. copy to sd (here you will find all the stuff you need to mod/update your wii), open it and copy everything to sd card
2: copy to usb (if you have asked modfmii to instal a usb loader, you will find all the files/folders needed for you harddrive), just open and copy filkes/folders yo usb.

Ive upgraded to 4.3 using the modmii when the download is complete it says copy to sd , what happens to the other files are they required......

copy sd folder gets cocpied to sd card.

if you have a copy to usb folder, then you must have pick to instal a usb loader, these files will go on your harddrive..

temp folder is the working folder modmii uses when writing this stuff. no need to copy anywhere, same with support files...

Back