Home Audio Visual Distribution, Automation n Control

Sounded good at the time

I've got this idea but I'm concerned that it could be another one of my premature ejaculatory types.

OK so first the problem, it is damn hot in the loft where I plan to place most of my AV gear. I've vented the roof but honestly it is like an oven in there and it's not even summer. So I need to try and keep the temp down on all of my hardware and I was thinking that I could make a larder type area for my HiFi.

I could make shelves out of concrete and place my equipment on them, possibly I could line the walls with 1" concrete as the area is very small and tight. Concrete tends to stay cool to the touch so I'm thinking this could be the way forward along with a few fans blowing air out of the HiFi enclosure.

Am I a genius? Will this become the norm in the AV industry once my HT hits youtube? Or are there more conventional ways of keeping your gear cool that do not necessitate the use of an Indian labourer and a shovel?

Is there any such thing as a standard RS232 cable?

I need to buy a 10m cable for my plasma and have no idea if it's the null modem version, male to female or if it's the female to female version that I need?

One end (female) will go into my plasma and the other end, erm into a super computer I thinks..

Any help would be appreciated.

Is there any such thing as a standard RS232 cable?

I need to buy a 10m cable for my plasma and have no idea if it's the null modem version, male to female or if it's the female to female version that I need?

One end (female) will go into my plasma and the other end, erm into a super computer I thinks..

Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry for delay m8, I've bin in work mode n had to be quite focused, DW is such a distraction on occasion so I had to abstain! LOL

I know your sick of me saying this but Cat5e.

These are what I use:
Cables to Go Modular Adapter Serial adapter - RJ-45 (0 pin) - F - (DB-9) - M - PC

abstention should be over by the weekend!

Thanks for your input, I kinda second guessed your reply so threw in some extra cat5e cable along with a RS232 null modem cable for good measure. Wasn't a really good second guess though.

Back