@Highlander or anyone else that can help?

NForce? Try - DosFlash e xxxx 1 a0 1 4 D8 1 Or DosFlash e xxxx 0 a0 1 4 D8 1 as you had to have 0 in yours before.

That bit?

The 1 at the end ;)

obviously

NForce? Try - DosFlash e A080 1 a0 1 4 D8 1 Or DosFlash e A080 0 a0 1 4 D8 1 as you had to have 0 in yours before.

Last edited:
NForce? Try - DosFlash e xxxx 1 a0 1 4 D8 1 Or DosFlash e xxxx 0 a0 1 4 D8 1 as you had to have 0 in yours before.

That bit?

The 1 at the end ;)

obviously

NForce? Try - DosFlash e A080 1 a0 1 4 D8 1 Or DosFlash e A080 0 a0 1 4 D8 1 as you had to have 0 in yours before.

Yeah m8, tried it but still get 0x73 erasing...... Wrong drive state! :(

Highlanders gonna take a look at it later for me so see what happens then.....

:(

i have been looking at drive for last couple hours, and it is same problem as my bro's drive, BenQ with 'open tray' every time tray closes.

my brothers was fixed with spoofing Hitachi drive, but with this drive being only 24 hours that should not be the case.

any ideas? not the rubber band method!

i have been looking at drive for last couple hours, and it is same problem as my bro's drive, BenQ with 'open tray' every time tray closes.

my brothers was fixed with spoofing Hitachi drive, but with this drive being only 24 hours that should not be the case.

any ideas? not the rubber band method!

As the drive is only 24 hours old why not just put it back together and take it back to the shop it came from and get a replacement mate?

I Got one here I picked up today to see if I could mess with to see if it will help Monkey
this has had tracks repaired it takes a flash fine but does the same open tray

Thats interesting mate... I wonder if the drive Highlanders brother had probs with was one that at some point had had the tracks cut?? ...would show a clear pattern there if so ;)

Thats interesting mate... I wonder if the drive Highlanders brother had probs with was one that at some point had had the tracks cut?? ...would show a clear pattern there if so ;)

Yes Highlanders bro's had the tracks cut too ;)

Defo a pattern somewhere, but how to fix the fooking thing lol?

:)

@ Monkey, just tried to ring you m8, but phone off.

can you give us a bell m8.

Any chance more than one trace could have been cut?

I've a sneaky feeling that xbc might be able to tell us soon enough ;) ....if anyone can and all that ;)

Last edited:

Yes Highlanders bro's had the tracks cut too ;)

Defo a pattern somewhere, but how to fix the fooking thing lol?

lol yes to many peeps that cant cut a pissy peace of copper and cant solder for toffy messing in there drives........

Any chance more than one trace could have been cut?

i should hope more than 1 was cut

i must of done 30 of these now and i always cut the track but only cos it works and i cant see any point in changing a working method. never had 1 with a problem yet.

from the fw highlander emailed me monkey id say the fw was badly corrupted. you can of course get what you think is the key's location and patch it into an untouched same key location firmware . also the amount of people that arnt doing simple checks is silly.

if no games will play originals or backups the first portof call has to be to check the key. simply to do and takes 10 secons simply inser a dvd film , if it plays then your problem is key related if it dont move on from key issue.

also to any 1 wishing to help monkey and highlander havnt mentioned that white and black wires where coming away from the board. may or may not be relevant but you should always mention these details. at what point did the wires come off? powered or unpowered?? quite easily you could have had a voltage spike if powered blowing any number of components or tsop and eprom fuses.

check the dvd please munkey and then use an untouched relevant fw with your drive like i said at the start of this essay your fw looks corrupt to me .

good luck matey

If the f/w is corrupt, FirmTool and Toolbox wont see it as valid.....Its created a BenQ-CFW with a 'valid' key

When I said 'more than one trace' I meant on one cut!

Also, the key can be in A030 or B030 etc.

The hacked firmware has the key in B030 regardless, it may be C030 but Im sure its B030, no matter where the key was originally.

If you wanna send me the orig.bin feel free....dont think you accepted my MSN invite?

Ill hex compare it if needed :)

Last edited:
If the f/w is corrupt, FirmTool and Toolbox wont see it as valid.....Its created a BenQ-CFW with a 'valid' key

When I said 'more than one trace' I meant on one cut!

Also, the key can be in A030 or B030 etc.

The hacked firmware has the key in B030 regardless, it may be C030 but Im sure its B030, no matter where the key was originally.

If you wanna send me the orig.bin feel free....dont think you accepted my MSN invite?

Ill hex compare it if needed :)

fw toolbox can open corrupt fw m8..............

Just want to say BIG THANKS to Highlander :Clap:

I got it swapped being as it was a day old and what did I get in return? A 79 drive!!!!!

We couldn't be assed with another headache so got it swapped again and I'm glad to say I am finally up and running.

One question I do have though. Is the console's serial number stored in any of the 360 flashes be it the board or the drive?

Well done Highlander for sorting it
and can I thank MXwizarrd,Oggy and Madmnac for also trying to help with getting his benq sorted
Not sure what drive you have now but if you open the bin files, you have got with the xbox360 you now have working with fwtoolbox this should give your key to keep safe if needed, if this is what you asking for.

Well done Highlander for sorting it
and can I thank MXwizarrd,Oggy and Madmnac for also trying to help with getting his benq sorted
Not sure what drive you have now but if you open the bin files, you have got with the xbox360 you now have working with fwtoolbox this should give your key to keep safe if needed, if this is what you asking for.

Sorry peeps I was just so excited to get it sorted.

Big thanks to MXwizarrd, Oggy, Madmnac & XBC ;)

I've got another BenQ, just waiting for Highlander to forward my details for me. I know he's a busy man so I'll await his mail ;)

No I wasn't asking for the drive key XBC, I know it's in safe hands anyway.

I've actually just started a new thread as should get more attention.

Again BIG THANKS to all who helped.

:Cheers::Cheers:

(Did you get your BenQ sorted XBC?)

Well done everyone :Clap: ...sure we're all glad to hear that Monkey is off and running :)

yep, at last we got there, could not believe it when carefully opened the box, opened teh plastic bag, removed face off 360, hairdryer on security seal, perfect removal.

removed torx screws, then...................HITACHI 79 ffs lol

reversal of operation, and off MONKey goes to do the swap in store.

comes back with new boxed 360 from different store, and perfect BENQ, same operation, swapped drives and reboxed and flashed new drive with 1.41 8x and presto, all working.

cheers guys for helping in thread, and thanks MONKey for having faith and trust in me....and thanks for my beers, they are going down nice and smooth.

Yeah that was some pretty sweet handwork with the box! Was in better condition after you opened and rebuilt it that the replacment that came back! Actually it was PERFECT! lol

That replacement was one dodgy looking box! If someone genuinely sent that back to M$ I think they'd of been told to fook off by them! WTF was that all about!!!

When you first said it was a Hitachi 79 I thought you was winding me up, was gutted when I actually looked lol

Glad your enjoying the beers, I still owe you one though ;)

Back