help with d box please

gsim

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all. i was trying to update the channels on my box. d box not loading up now its not going past the Sportster 1.7 uk05 screen when trying 2 load/ plaese can someone help me as i cant get an inage back on to it as it is not booting up. thanks

would this be the same prob i have as mine starts up gets to loading kernal then just switches off and leaves 1 green light on the front of the box?

Cryogenicz said:
would this be the same prob i have as mine starts up gets to loading kernal then just switches off and leaves 1 green light on the front of the box?

You might have a different problem, sounds hardware related. Try flashing it with IFA anyway.

d box help

hi mate i tryed that but it just keeps cuming up with an error sometinng about udp 67 and 68. my image is not working right. its not booting up on the box. its juat says sporter and stayes like that.

arrrgh hardware problem well that weeks worth of dbox was great for the money sigh could someone confirm for me please before i bin it

I had probs with IFA with a firewall, i would make sure your firewall is off mate, i'm sure ifa loads before the image aswell.

Tin.

Cryogenicz said:
arrrgh hardware problem well that weeks worth of dbox was great for the money sigh could someone confirm for me please before i bin it

You need to post a bootlog before we can tell if it's the hardware.

@gsim

IFA takes over before the boot process starts. This is why you use IFA if you have any bootup problems. You can flash a new image to the box before it tries to boot. Make sure all firewalls and antivirus are disabled and shutdown or it will not work! Your network card must have a static ip address, i.e. 192.168.1.100. Post the IFA log to see what the problem is.

hi devilfish i dont know how to do the bootlog mate the dbox only gets as far as the neutrino screen before switching itself off :(

Cryogenicz said:
hi devilfish i dont know how to do the bootlog mate the dbox only gets as far as the neutrino screen before switching itself off :(

You need a null modem cable and dbox boot manager (available from the download section). But you would have found that out if you had tried to search yourself.

im sorry mate wasnt trying to get others to do my work im just a complete newb had the box a week and aint got a clue why its gone off ive got all the gear but as im a bit dim it seems way to technical for me and i was hoping for a quick fix for a complete idiot sorry if ive offended purely non intentional i just dont have a clue thats all :(

Most problems can be sorted by flashing with IFA. If you have wierd problems, you need to get the bootlog as this tells us what is happening inside the box when it's booting. We can't fix it without it.

ok mate im working on it thanks for the pointers hopefully i can get it sorted then at least my lil lad will stop kicking off about missing wwe lol im sure he thinks ive broken it on purpose but all i did was pull the cable out to try and replace a dodgy splitter ouch to that mistake anyway cheers again ill let you know how i got on either way cheers steve

d box help

hi still not working. antivirues is all off and i am using a null nodem cable and and cross over cable as well. no fire wall. i can get the ifa 2 start but it cumes up with an error when all the stuff starts 2 cum up on ifa. plkease can someone help. i took a screenshot of the error. as i dont know what it means. and my box still stays on the sporter thing on the lcd. i put a rar file with a photo of the error. thaks

d box help

sorry i forgot to add the log file

well i think mines had it ive connected to the box but the connection only lasts for about 20 seconds then i lose it as the box turns itself off any engineers in stoke?

gsim said:
sorry i forgot to add the log file

Boot net failed...

This means that something is stopping the boot process!

Are you running Norton by any chance? You might have to go into the task manager and end all the norton tasks. There are some that run in the background even when the main antivirus is shutdown.

Are you going from the dbox straight to a network card in your PC?

d box help

i not got norton on . or anyouhter antivirus softwhere. and i.ve got a null modem leed and a cross over network. its conected to the outher netowrk card on the pc. [ ip address is 192.168.1.100 i think it might a setting in ifa its self?. please can someone help as i dont want to buy a outher box .

thanks all

d box help

yes i got the right network card. and i got a wee bit better with it. plaese can someone help as ive been trying all night on this. and i dont want 2 buy an outher box. and my sporster image is just staying on the lcd and its not moveing from that screen. thanks can someone look at the log file 3 . as thats all the error i am getting now. thanks

Back