Help with a shower

melttc

DW Regular
Reaction score
Hi guys

is it possible to have a shower running from a combi boiler?

not sure what you mean m8 but i have a combi boiler and i also have a shower. However it is an electric shower with a pull cable so i guess it heats and pumps it's own water.

But im not sure wether your asking if it is ok to have one with a combi boiler or if a combi boiler can power it?

not sure what you mean m8 but i have a combi boiler and i also have a shower. However it is an electric shower with a pull cable so i guess it heats and pumps it's own water.

But im not sure wether your asking if it is ok to have one with a combi boiler or if a combi boiler can power it?

i want to know if it can run it i dont want an electric one

if your water presure is good in your bathroom ie hot and cold on the bath, then you could get the mixer taps with the shower conection on it.

It will run of a combi boiler no problem m8 but you will need a thermostatic mixing valve. You will get good pressure from it as well.

i would say it would be fine m8,all to do with the presure.

It will run of a combi boiler no problem m8 but you will need a thermostatic mixing valve. You will get good pressure from it as well.

where can i get one of these and how much please

Yes no worries at all from a combi infact you will get a better shower than an electric one , in the merchants i work at we sell a lot of mira elements i also have one installed in my house and can recommend it dont pay much more than 145+vat

watch out on ebay m8. we use a different way of securing things to walls, use different valves etc. if you dont get those parts in the box, you not going to get them.

I bought my thermostatic shower mixer from LIDL around 4-5 moinths ago...it was £29.99 and is of good quality with 5 year warranty

PS: lidl will be selling a USB and memory card slot DVD player (plays DIVX) for under £20 (if memory serves me right) from 8th June - good price for a USB DVD player...check hotukdeals for more info

You want a mixer shower mate and you should get superb pressures running it off a combi, depending on your flow rates. Ive the same and mines like a power shower.
Careful which one you buy as some can be hard to get the feed onto, if it's fed from the rear its best for use on studded walls etc (you can chase the brick out but depends on your competency) I chase out a lot and fit backplate elbows onto the pipework and some copper tails sticking out about 5-6 inches. Cap them tails off and tile round or whatever finish your having then then fit the shower last. Just make sure you get them centres right on the tails cuz it's a swine if they dont line up with the shower. Also make sure the mixer is compatible with a combi boiler as some are for gravity system which have a lot less pressure. Ive been to a few where the combis blown the cartridge because the wrong mixer was installed.
Id also recommend getting it from a local plumbers merchants explain your needs and you wont go far wrong. Have a shop about and tell the merchants each others prices ;) PTS always give discount from the book price and are generally quite competitive.
Found this good price and exactly what you need
http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/architeckt-linear-2642-15912

Last edited:
Back