Help wit motor setup!!

ruddyrum

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have decided to change my setup form a mono block receiving astra 19.2 and hotbird 13 to a motor setup so i could receive more satellites.

The Motor is DiSEqC 1.2-1.3/USALS Goto X compatible, and seems to work with my dreambox as it moves the dish east and west.

My problem is that i cannot seem to get any satellites on it... the situation of the dish has not changed, i have literally just added the motor - set the longitude accordingly.

If i scan for services and under goto x select: Drive to satellite - Astra 19.2 the dish moves from south (0 degrees) to east. It seems to lock and sync a few times but it just carries on moving back and forth! is it not supposed to stop when it has found a lock and sync?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

When you added your motor, did you repostion your dish so that it's now pointing due south?

You would also need to enter in your long and lat values if using the USALS function. You could try moving the motor manually and store the individual satellite positions.

I have entered my long and lat in the boxes where it asked for them. My dish is facing as due south as it can get (basically i ony used a compass, and i may be a degree or two off... will that matter?)

I want to try and get the USALS functionality, as it sounds a lot easier than programming manually!!

What size of dish are you using? It might not be big enough for the satellites you're wanting to lock on to.

It is 80cm - should be ok as it was working fine before!

It's possible that you are slightly out with your south position.

Set your motor to 0
Enter long and lat values
Select Thor 0.8w 11325.00 H 24500 7/8 (this is what BBC world is on)
Your dish should move to where it thinks that is
Manually move you're whole rig until you peak the signal.
Try and bend the sides of the dish left and right (you won't break it) to see what side get's the better signal before you move it.
You might also want to play about with the dish elevation to get the best signal.
Once you get a good signal, tighten everything up.
Try other sats, 13e > 19.2e > 28.2e and see what they're like.

Ok, so i have managed to set points manually, and scan the transcoders. Everything seems to work fine, but when i reboot the dreambox it says it is scanning for satellite xx.x on startup for a very long time. If i look at the dish, it moves from left to right, and then nothing happens... it just stops! I cannot move the motor at all, as if it has locked up. I have to restart the box, delete all channels, and start all over again!!!!

Ok, it all seems to work now! i just enabled the GOTO x function and it seems to work now?!?! I don't know what was causing this, but i am going to leave it as it is before it gets back to how it was ;)

Thanks for all the help anyway

Well done on getting this sorted mate. it can be an extremely stressfull thing to accomplish.

GOTOX is something I've never bothered with TBH, I prefer manually tweaking my dish. :)

Well, that being said, i just went from a channel on 19.2 to 13, and it has done it again - locked !!!!!

will now once again manually program position and scan transponders....

Paitence is running low, and it is too dark no to go outside to kick the damn thing

any advice??

This is starting to drive me crazy....:Kickassro

Last night, i setup just the channels on the astra for a bit of bedtime TV. This morning i wake up, and turn on the dbox - As far as i am concerned the dish has not moved at all, yet it said "turning to sat" and now there are no known services!!!!

So again i will have to scan the current transponder just to get some channels.... I am at wits end and i have no clue waht the problem could be? :arrrr:
does anyone have a suggestion?

Fingers crossed!

Ok, so hopefully it is all sorted now :banana:

I have manually setup the sats, and scanned all transponders... so far so good! i have even managed to reset the Dreambox without loosing all info "yay"

At first i thought it was my cable or the f connector. Then i thought it might be the dish or LNB... turns out it was the Dreambox !!! Even if you select the correct sat setup in the dish config menu, you will still have to carry out a "restore to factory default" so be sure to make a backup of all the nice things you may have on your box!

Hope this helps anyone having motoring issues!!

Back