Help what do I need????

micky0908

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all I have decided to bite the bullet and get myself a new box with recent events with virmin, so I have been told by a few people to do for a dreambox, so which one do I get and do I need a motorised dish? If so where is the best place to get these and are they easy to setup? One more thing I have heard a few comments about card sharing do I need to do this also?

Any help would be great.

Sorry for so many questions lol

best regards

Mick

first of all, what do you want to watch? just sky? hd or sd? a motorised dish will get you loads of sattelite tv from all over europe. an hd dreambox is about £150 to £200 for a clone £400 ish for a genuine one. a motor and dish is about £100 and then you need to install it, i paid a guy £100 to set all mine up. i am also paying £20 a month for at least 6 different networks that covers all the scottish and english football on lj sport website.

*** L.J.s LIVE Sport on Satellite TV. Live Soccer on TV. Live Football on Saetllite TV.

loads of choices and loads of diiferent packages available. decide what you want first, then post and the guys here will keep you right m8.

thanks for the reply mate, I just want all sky channells and the premiership matches mate not fussd about hd.

regards

mick

sounds like an dm500 and a motor m8, if you are paying a sat guy to fit it for you, tou should pay all in about £250. sat guy £100, sat box(dm500) £50, motor + dish £100. these prices are approx m8, after all that youll need a decent card share. i get mines for £20 a month. that gets me all the sly uk and all the english and scottish football in the link i posted earlier. if like me you are slightly more than a novice but not quite an expert to the cable box scene. then you will manage fine. im really soaking wet behind the ears on the sat scene but im learning at an alarming rate.

there is a crad share link here as well to let you undedrstand a wee bit about it.

just in case tho, the simple thing from our point of view is this...

...you pay a card share (£20 ish) every month.plug the back of your sat box into the back of your modem or router and you get all the sly channels. the rest is a bonus! simples!

if you have an hd telly or are thinking of getting one in the near future, get an hd box m8. the hd content 'up there' is unbelievable.

i hope i have helped you m8, i didnt have a clue 3 mths ago. i know your pain lol.

thanks for that stef yes that sounds like the setup I want I,ll put the feelers out to a few mates to see if they can get someone to set it up for me ;)

regards

mick

Can anyone PM me a number for someone in Bradford (or closeby), who can help me with getting/installing a motorised satellite dish and a hd box. Thanks.

Can anyone PM me a number for someone in Bradford (or closeby), who can help me with getting/installing a motorised satellite dish and a hd box. Thanks.

you might be better asking in the general sat chat m8, more peeps will see your request.

mind and keep us up to date of wich box etc you get. ive been converted for 3 mths and im hooked! i have a clone dreambox 800hd diseq motorised 1m dish. my cs is a full sly hd package. £60 a quarter. i get about a dozen different networks. worth every penny for the sly hd alone!

Last edited:
Back