Help Please - Spoofing Hitachi 78 Drive ?

bilabonic

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi All

I have a Hitachi 78 in mode B and have read it. I want to spoof it with details i had from a Liteon (have dummy file). After reading i went to load the Liteon bin file and it gave me an error saying i have to flash key sector ?

I have been following the JF tut and think i am at the point where i have to flash it with with ix1.51, i downloaded a file named - cz-iX151fp which contains all the old ix1.51 for all drives, is this correct.

Also i noticed that it has four 78version ix1.51 files ?

ix151-78-4e10
ix151-78-4d20
ix151-78-4c30
ix151-78-4b00

How do i know which to use ? Or will it load the correct one automatically ??

Cheers

Sorted, it loaded it automatically.
Flashed with ix1.51, then flashed the key from another drive, all went fine.

Just put orig/copy in - shows briefly as dvd, then white screen, please put in 360 console.....

Put DVD in plays fine ??

Any ideas peeps ??

Cheers

Last edited:
Sorted, it loaded it automatically.
Flashed with ix1.51, then flashed the key from another drive, all went fine.

Just put orig/copy in - shows briefly as dvd, then white screen, please put in 360 console.....

Put DVD in plays fine ??

Any ideas peeps ??

Cheers
i don't think it has put in your drive key are you saying you want to swap the liteon for the hitachi? if so make sure you are using your liteon dvd key on the hitachi

basically all you goto to do i get maximus firmware toolbox open it then open ixtreme firmware for the hitatchi you want to use then add your dvd key click save key. then goto tools goto spoof firmware go down to custom (require inquiry.bin) open the origional inquiry file you got from the liteon then just write the drive as normal you should no longer have any probs cheers wattsy1612

Think thats what i have been doing ?

Just putting the Liteon key into the Hitachi ix1.15 f/w and flashing.

JF asks for it, i have extracted it using JF from the Liteon dummy file as it has an option for this ? and even asks for it when flashing the key.

Basically if i read the drive now it shows all correct with the right key from the Liteon and correct ix1.51 v78 f/w ?????

Not tried creating a totally new bin using Maximus though.

Strange...

you need the inquiry file from the lite-on drive apply it in maximus works a treat cheers wattsy
cant he just inject the key manually using jf and then spoofing target source.?

you need the inquiry file from the lite-on drive apply it in maximus works a treat cheers wattsy

Not sure which file of the 3 i used but was the one recommended by the JF guide. Think it was the key inq though. Will check in morn.

basically all you goto to do i get maximus firmware toolbox open it then open ixtreme firmware for the hitatchi you want to use then add your dvd key click save key. then goto tools goto spoof firmware go down to custom (require inquiry.bin) open the origional inquiry file you got from the liteon then just write the drive as normal you should no longer have any probs cheers wattsy1612

When i goto load the liteon key file i get error - not a 96 bytes enq bin file.

I had this bin file via JF by opening dummy file firmware tool then selecting save key ?

Also i am not sure why i have four differing V78 ix files, does it matter which one i use ??

Cheers

Last edited:
Right i think i have flashed the drive with the liteon key but stock f/w.

When i goto flash with ixtreme it says not found md5 check failed etc.

Is this because i do not have the correct 1.51 ?

JF tellls me f/w is stock but with the liteon key at 0x4b00 ???

Where can i find this peeps.

It aint in the stickys ?

Cheers

Last edited:
Well totally lost now. Just found ix1.51, flashed all ok with JF, then used liteon key and flashed key sector and all ok.

Still does not work....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When i goto load the liteon key file i get error - not a 96 bytes enq bin file.

I had this bin file via JF by opening dummy file firmware tool then selecting save key ?

Also i am not sure why i have four differing V78 ix files, does it matter which one i use ??

Cheers
you may have 4 different ix files choose the one that matches with your drives firmware. all you should need is your source file "dummy.bin" in jf and your ix file as your target and make sure the the drive key is the one you want.

jf will extract your needed files from your dummy.bin file and inset them in to your target file ie ix 1.51 or what ever your using

Last edited:
It's different with Hitachi, i also understand its its a 4B00, as you say it loads it for you. it does not allow you to do it that way. Given up now anyway...lol. This is what i get when i read drive, everything looks fine ?
The dvdkey is from the liteon.

Drive is rev 0078-4B00

Dumped in 3000mS
Loading Hitachi Dump to Source Buffer
Inquiry string found
Identify string found
Firmware is rev 0078-4B00
DVD key found @ 0x4B00 key is 5976C1457F******************35
Firmware is Hitachi OSIG: HL-DT-STDVD-ROM GDR3120L0078
Firmware type is: iXtreme:1.51:v78-12x
Key database updated

THE best SOFTWARE for hitatchis has to be maximus firmware toolbox i have never used JF for a liteon use it with the instructions i left you should have no problems i have done 100+ hit drives cheers wattsy

THE best SOFTWARE for hitatchis has to be maximus firmware toolbox i have never used JF for a liteon use it with the instructions i left you should have no problems i have done 100+ hit drives cheers wattsy
can he not use dosflash and his cfw_bin???? as if he was recovering from a bad flash

I just do not understand why Max will not add my Liteon key ?

It seems the correct length etc and i virtually know it off by heart now lol.

Not sure if i got the CFW f/w i only keep the orig one.

Also in future i think i will not vreate a dummy but extract all three files, is JF given me the wrong file from when i extract it from the dummy ? Can i extract it any other way ??

Cheers

This is getting worse, had a Liteon drive given to me, loaded the orig f/w i had from the xbox, it then autoloaded ix1.6, flashed fine and games still showing as dvd.

Do i have a corrupt dummy file/key, it is the correct one ?

Totally lost.....

Just to let everyone know i have been a complete dickhead, out of curiosity decided to check the serial no.s between the OFW and case and they were different.....So i got onto my mate and said he must have gave me wrong box by mistake....He was adamant it was his etc and mentioned his cousins (which i did months back) is still fine.

A quick search of his name revealed the correct f/w, saved in another folder from an earlier version of JF.

Major fail on my part but my mate is happy, i also have spare Toshiba drive and a brand new BenQ on its way....lol

Morale of story always check the simplest things first.

:proud:

Back