Phone Unlocking Help please nokia 6500 gonna get blocked

Jooooles

DW Regular +
Reaction score
Im having a dispute with company over a phone bill and the says there gonna block my phone if I dont pay up

The thing is im on 300 mins a month and went over but It was to my misses whos also with the same company and the still charged the max 50p a min I thought this was unfair as I got the impression that it was only 20p if you were on the same company

anyway can I change the emi number on the phone before the block it I have a standard usb cable for the phone

can some one give me some advice please

Last edited:
in short no. If they choose to block the phone it will become useless in the UK. Will still work abroad. Changing the emie number is against current UK law. not that that bothers me.

Its completely illegal to do this in the UK as well as most of the rest of the world.

Are you able to come to a resolution on the bill? Also, how long have you had the phone? It may be out of its subsidy period...

Im on 3 network im into the 8 month on my 12 month contract im sure when i signed the contract it says it was only 20p per min to phone other people on the 3 network well thats what the sales man said lol

now i have to cough up £200 quid instead of £75 ish bollox im not paying it any advice would be helpfull

Im on 3 network im into the 8 month on my 12 month contract im sure when i signed the contract it says it was only 20p per min to phone other people on the 3 network well thats what the sales man said lol

now i have to cough up £200 quid instead of £75 ish bollox im not paying it any advice would be helpfull

three are useless with their offers...

i got a 1100 mix and match plan with 50 free video mins + xbox360 elite + phone 35ppm

turns out i dont have the vid mins so only pay 27ppm#

worked out in my favour..

plus iff ur on free im sure you get free 3-3 mins as std on all monthly contracts (vairable mins.. i get 300)

Still no help with unblocking this phone its sitting in the draw deeed as a dooor nail

Honestly, legallity aside, there is no way to do what you need doing to this handset. There is a possibility that a level 5 Nokia service centre might have the knowledge, and the hardware to hand to do such a thing...Basically forget that route. Flog it to a "looky, looky" man when you go on holiday..

Another thought though. A recent trade mag, and a statement from carphonewhorehouse have both suggested that it is actually unlawful for them to ban the handset. They are allowed to ban the SIM card, but not the phone unless it is reported lost or stolen by the account holder.

With a bit of luck the SIM is the only thing that will get turned off....you are better off without 3 tbh.

If you have any phone on orange then i have a mate who can do them

Have you got phone insurance? Not sure wether this would work but you report it as stolen, assuming you're unfortunate for this to happen in the next few days of course and reclaim a new handset.

I dont think the insurance company are involved with the network provider after the point of initial sale, alot of the providers just get a commission for selling the insurance, thereafter the network provider doesnt really care. = win win situation.

Back