CD & DVD help on better quality films

S

scoot

Could anyone tell me which software to do svcd,

does nero 5.5 do this ??/

as ive sucessfully done my first vcd with the first class advice of the guys and galls on this forum,

as i want to up the quality of the video and sound,

is there similar software available like nero that will encode the downloaded film and then burn as nero does,

ps what do i look for on the better quality downloaded film is it still called avi format ,as in vcd,

any help would be very much apreciated,

and as i learn hopefuuly i can then pass on ,

thanks in advance

scoot

you can do svcd with nero but for best results use edonkey and click on the licks from sharereactor they take along time to download (days) but it is worth in and the files are in cdrwin format cue & bin files they play spot on if they are svcd and you play them back on your pc from disk they have to be played back on a dvd drive and dvd decoding software

ta

ta m8,

all noted. will try ta very much for the reply,

regards scoot

next stage from avi

When searching out the film download sites ie win mx, morpheus, kazza, what do i look for ie, vcd is i presume avi,

what is svcd,

alls i have in my computer is a normal cd writer or is there any other different than avi that i can burn to disc , with a cd writer,

any help woul;d be appreciated,

ps apologies if the -jutter has answered this question above

, but being new to this i need a bit of guidance,step by step,

as i am unsure what to look for when downloading,

and dont want to download a film only to find it is in vcd,

as i,m a virgin at this, lol

thanks in advance scoot

hi m8 there are several diff formats
1/avi which if u want to put on disc to play in ur dvd u have to convert to mpg1
2/ mpg1 which will go straight on to vcd
3/mpg2 which will go on to svcd
4/divx which is mpg4 but can be converted to mpg1 or 2

hope this is of some help

also go to

http://www.vcdhelp.com/convert.htm

this place will tell u what programs u need tell u where to get them and tell u how to do it

Scoot m8, i too am new to this film downloading stuff but i have managed to burn quite a few films now and they all work fine even through a normal cd-rom drive. I too thought that the whole .bin and .cue files malarky was complicated but it is easy honestly!! the important thing is to get the right software (like powerdvd) to view them.
On sharereactor, just download any file and ask for help if you need it or look at www.vcdhelp.com

I converted an avi movie to mpeg then burned it to vcd but somewhere in the conversion or burning process I lost sound volume ???

The movie quality was great but the sound was very quiet and the volume needed to be turned up higher than normal...

let me know if you experience this too scoot

hi taff m8 the sound on the film u can use diff inputs if u go to vcdhelp addy as above if using tmpegenc look for help using this it will explain about the sound

http://www.vcdhelp.com/newbie.htm

Back