HELP needed with a 1000 PLEASE

qwertyasdfg

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I found a 1000 stashed away in the back of my garage while doing a mojor clear up so thought I'd see if I could get it running! Proved to be more of a mission than it was worth, cos its doing my head in now, no wonder I stashed it under a pile of junk!!

I think the tuner on it has gone, can anyone please confirm that my suspicions are correct and if so, how do I go about replacing a tuner on one of these boxes?? or is it best to use it as a door stop now??

I checked the EM to find its got cr1 software on it, when I opened it,I found that the TB had been cut and that 2 sims on the sim module had been lifted. Nevertheless, I LED simmed it to get the BK and grabbed the ird of the scart block and progged a card for it, when i plugged it in, I got the old c*w menu and the front LED display went to 103, plus allowed me to change channels, but all channels were blank - I know this is probably down to the box having cr1 software on it!

I opened the box back up and held down the 2 lifted Sims on the module and powered up again, held the sims down for around 10 mins and the TV just had an updating message but the LED display of the box did nor shift from PACE.

I now tried a 1000b's sim module in the box, to see if that would help the update along but had not joy, so I went a borrowed my mates 1000 and stuck the sim from that into my box but this time round, when I powered up I held the standby buton in, until I saw OHAY, then pressed 4321 and OK - at this point the box started number crunching and the TV went through all the CRC jargon until it got stuck at tUNE on the box's LED display and the TV messages were along the lines of cannot lock etc... I left it like this for 30 mins.

I powered down and powered up into the EM again to check the card status and signal, card status says NoT-Stream, the DVB DEMOD STATUS page says AGC - combined = Signal Low, SNR Estimate = SNR Low, Lock Status = Not Locked
MCNS DOWNSTREAM page says SNR Estimate = SNR OK, Pre RS Error Rate = Data OK, Post RS Error Rate = Data OK, Lock Status = Locked.

Now am I right in thnking that my Tuner is f@@ked, if so, can anyone point me in the right direction of how I may be able to fix it??? The software on the box is still also cr1 :-( and now all that displaays on front of the box is "0"

I am in an exc*w area if that makes any difference and my Netid is set up correctly.

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Try a different cim in it first if you have a working one-seems strange that it started to download the update(numbers scrolling) then stopped after the 4321? Have you put box on feed direct as well so signal is at its strongest?

Only thing I have not tried is connecting the STB to the main feed in my house, as my Folks are using that connection at the mo, I doubt it'll make any difference though, but will give it a shot.

Thanks for the reply.

I checked the EM to find its got cr1 software on it, when I opened it,I found that the TB had been cut and that 2 sims on the sim module had been lifted. Nevertheless, I LED simmed it to get the BK and grabbed the ird of the scart block and progged a card for it, when i plugged it in, I got the old c*w menu and the front LED display went to 103, plus allowed me to change channels, but all channels were blank - I know this is probably down to the box having cr1 software on it!

check to see if the Network id and Default Frq are ok for you area in engineers mode m8

it wont update from cr1 to the new virgin software only way is to remove the atmels and reprogram them

davidh is right , CR1 wont update anymore as it has been removed off the veergin system.only way now is to lift and reprog the atty's with CR3/CR4 software for your area.

davidh is right , CR1 wont update anymore as it has been removed off the veergin system.only way now is to lift and reprog the atty's with CR3/CR4 software for your area.

ive also got a 1000 on cr1, how do reprogram the attmels with newer version

ive also got a 1000 on cr1, how do reprogram the attmels with newer version
u need to remove them then obtain a dump with newer software then reprogram them then replace them

Back