Help needed re NTL box

It needs what's called a reflow of the atmel, a 4000 has the one chip. Just remembered might be called u5600 or u5601. With lid off and front of box towards you, it's just behind front display. Needs a hot air soldering gun and refluxing. By pressing down on the chip whilst applying heat to the legs seems to reseat it. Down to a dry joint IIRC.
I have looked at the mobo. There are two chips U5600 (portrait layout) and U5602 ( landscape). Both are near the bottom edge of the mobo as you look at it with the fron facing you.

Which one is the atmel chip???

Thanks.

Can you help me with finding my box key for Pace Di 4000N? I have a number consisting of 4 digits 2 letter and last 2 digits wchich is 12.

Would this be an IRD? i found this on the scart inside the box.

Thanks m8

Can you help me with finding my box key for Pace Di 4000N? I have a number consisting of 4 digits 2 letter and last 2 digits wchich is 12.

Would this be an IRD? i found this on the scart inside the box.

Thanks m8

That's the IRD, yup, don't type it on here and unfortunately you won't get BK from that as 4000 are not in the nagra database. You won't be able to jtag either, I reckon, until you fix the lcd display error with a reflow of atmel. You can get BK from tit2, but tbh what's the point? It worked before box went belly up, if box never works again, the BK is no good for any other box, anyway.

Dear Edds,

I have looked at the mobo. There are two chips U5600 (portrait layout) and U5602 ( landscape). Both are near the bottom edge of the mobo as you look at it with the front facing you.

Which one is the atmel chip???

Sorry I was going from memory of what the atmel is called, I have no idea perhaps someone has a pic of the innards of a 4000?

Back