help needed please

Wilster

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi..doing a nokia dbox2 for a friend...has DW image on it (2 chip one) and boots up ok...problem is I can't recieve any channels not even FTA....just a black screen .... any ideas??? ...new to this

I think you need to download the 'special files' from the downloads section as the Dw image has some bits missing that you have to put in yourself.

Look for Special Files for DigitalWorldz image in downloads section

cheers mate...:)

aye then chmod them once there in (right click in ftp prog and 'chmod' them to 755)

right...done all that and still getting error message on startup :No channels found! please execute a scan......well I have exectuted a scan and not even a FTA! the scan takes 2 seconds to do which I think is too fast lol...anyone please???? oh and I have set permissions to 755 for all in dbox

anyone??? I have read tuts until my head hurts!!! anyone know where i'm going wrong????

get a service file for ur area m8...zap it in 2 the box with flash fxp...or try the menu and set the net id 4 ur area...

get a service file for ur area m8...zap it in 2 the box with flash fxp...or try the menu and set the net id 4 ur area...

hi mate...my id is set form my area...just black screen...will I need to get a service file for my area? new to this sorry lol...what folder would i put the service one in?

the service file goes in...var...tuxbox...config...zapit....just overwrite the existing files with the services and bouquets...

i tried to use that prog but it doesnt let me send those files (services) and everytime I try and change the chmod to 755 it goes back to original settings...what am i doing wrong?

anyone at all out there know where i'm going wrong? I have flashed box with right image (DW image) ... added the special files....(can't seem to get the permission to 755 as it keeps changing back to default) also tried FTP the services and boquet....but it wont let me!!! any idea of what I can do would be much appreciated!!! thanks

are you using a crossover cable to connect to your box from your PC ?
If so are you entering the correct IP address it needs to be 1 below your box IP in your network properties , you will find the tutorials to do this on here.

are you using a crossover cable to connect to your box from your PC ?
If so are you entering the correct IP address it needs to be 1 below your box IP in your network properties , you will find the tutorials to do this on here.

already using a crossover cable mate...and I.P. is (one) below box....I can transfer files but not the services file or boquets...also cant change the permissions to 755 as it keeps going back to original settings

are you in the right directory for to transfer those files, the zapit folder ?
and does your pc deffinetly show connected to dbox ?
failing that i cant help you m8

managed to get files over...now I have channel listings but no picture?? : shocked2 just says error channel not available...done a test and says no epg??

my provider is kabel deutschland??? is this correct (using DW x2 image)

Last edited:
Back