Help in the Research to Cancer

I've managed to get onto the member forum (couldn't even get that to load earlier):

ud-jsimon
UD Employee

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:30 pm Post subject: 6-10-2005 update on grid.org *11:00am CST*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Members,

Thank you very much for your patience. We are still experiencing inconsitent DB anamolies after fixing the hardware failure. Rest assured that we are actively working on resolving this issue.

Your continued patience and participation is greatly appreciated.

Jonathon

They've been doing some server maintenance and are now experiencing some difficulties. UD Agents will be backing off from the server, so there will be a massive number of machines trying to upload results. Guess we'll have to be patient.

:mexican: Im up for joining the team..very worthwhile cause. Good post.

My system keeps shutting down. I have tried running without UD and everything is stable.
When I run UD within 10 minutes the computer shuts itself down.
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still the same problem.
It was fine until their server went down the other week, took me until this monday to work out what the problem was.

I thought it was the hot wx and the computer overheating but without UD it doesn't shutdown.

Any Ideas ?

I've had a search on the Grid.org forums but nothing conclusive as there are loads and loads of posts with every imaginable problem, from McAfee AV to Windows updates. Will keep looking tho' ;)

Sorry Ellie, only just seen this...i have this running on 5 pc's without problem so far...they did have a few server issues a while back but all seems ok now...might be worth uninstalling the applet..., defrag your drive, re-boot and install again...might get rid of any conflicts doing that.

Hope this helps

Regards

My computer has been rebooting again today, I checked and it is overheating,

I am going to get one of the big cooling units, this will be my last amd, they never seem to last more that a year or so.

Wondering if the heatsink compound needs re applying every so often ?.

The chip is an 2800xp retail, it used to run at 38 degrees now it climbs to 60 then reboots the computer at 65+

Have Fun

Have you got the retail fan fitted??, I have the AMD 3200XP and it runs @ 65 max,
Thats with a coolermaster fitted and a 4" axial fan pointing at it also.....

i,ve just signed up for this very worthy cause, i,ve just lost som1 very close to me this last month to this horrible disease this is my contribution for him. this is a very well thought out idea glad to be aboard. :Cheers:

Yes the retail fan fitted.
Just been to the local shop and got some thermal grease, cleaned up the chip and the cooler, applied the new grease. Start temperature 38C after 30 minutes it seems to have peaked at 45C.

The grease on the heatsink was solid, I bought a tube of ak-450 are there better ones or are they much the same.

Up and running with UD again.
:Wave:

is the ud server down again ?.
just tried their site is gave me an error, the forum is up though.

Have Fun

Back