Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Help in the Research to Cancer

Attn All newbies,

We have in the last few weeks had a lot of new members join and i'm sure a lot of you will be unaware that we have a Digital World folding team, which as it stands is 29 strong.

What does is folding: Folding@Home is a distributed computing project which studies protein folding, misfolding, aggregation, and related diseases. It uses novel computational methods and large scale distributed computing, to simulate timescales thousands to millions of times longer than previously achieved. This has allowed us to simulate folding for the first time, and to now direct our approach to examine folding related disease.

In simple terms once downloaded it sits in the background and when your cpu is idle it kicks in. This data is then uploaded to the site when your online.

How can you help? You can help the project by downloading and running the client software. The algorithms are designed such that for every computer that joins the project, we get a commensurate increase in simulation speed.

The program used for this can be found here:

http://www.grid.org/projects/cancer/

Once installed you can join our team which is Digital Worlds.

Thank you for taking the time to read this: :)

After all more than one in three of us will develop cancer at some point. Few of us go through life without coming into contact with the disease in some way.

Regards

Wiz

P.S if you require help on joining up, or have any other questions, please don't hesitate to contact Mairyhinge (Team Captain), myself or one of the team.

Get folding guy's

Yes come on lads,

You are a member of the best forum on the planet, now as a team we can help to cure cancer.

So please all join the DW Cancer research team.

How do I join???

Click on the Join the Cancer team in my siggy:)

Well, just made the move and started up one of the most amazing things to do with your pc.
I had a bit of trouble with the feckin' log in, but once I'd registered the client and also registered on the site, all was well.
Seems to be running ok on my P4 lappy, which runs almost 24 hours a day anyway.
Keep up the good work! :mexican:

Hope I've set it all up ok, if not could you let me know MH?

Just had a brainwave and installed it on my main machine hiding upstairs.

With the recent influx of new members it might be time for a recruitment drive methinks, so come on people!!!!

Nice 1 Bard m8, your on the table - great stuff. :salute:

I have a recruitment drive every now and again, but as you say mayb time for another one :)

Regards

With the very sad news that Kylie Minogue has developed Breast Cancer perhaps it would move a few members on here to join our Cancer Busting folding team with a view to beating this wretched thing !!!!!!!

Information on joining our band of Cancer busters can be found on the first page of this post....Please join .

Regards

Wiz

You wont even notice it running in the background and think of the good you will be doing......

Start a new thread Wiz and reference this one. Most peeps (including me for 6 months) just scroll down past the stickies to the first new thread.
Worth a go anyhoo...

Come on people, Wiz is right. It runs in the background and doesn't affect the performance of your machine. Do something to aid a worthy cause without putting your hand in your pocket or breaking into a sweat.

We did have a couple of threads running, but it got a bit messy .....

C'mon guys we are moving up the league but need more cpu power.......join and help the fight towards cancer research...and help us nudge a little nearer the top of the table at the same time :)

Sao Paulo said:
Would love to join this teat but already have a team going I admin on :(

My own stats though,
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Cheers 4 that m8, never mind....good to see you on the fight tho m8 :salute:

You would love me on your team then....

My stats:

09/29/2004 - 1.189.17.26.11 - 349,177 - 995 ;)

Regards

Well done peeps, glad you could join the DW team!!

MH

dont know what

hey dont know wot i just instaled on my pc but if it helps fight this thing then hey lets all help....
ive seen to many ppl die to this nasty thing lets all help

Back