help flashing solo2 se

Mark_The_Yid

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought a solo2 se but on boot it just hangs on the blackhole screen. Wanted to flash vix anyway so tried to flash that by usb but it fails and then boots to blackhole screen again.

Thought Id try to re-flash bootloader using rs232 but it is not working. Here is what I did

run update.exe
power up receiver (screen then states it is downloading)
close down update.exe
open up hyperterminal and set settings as per pdf instructions

When I connect at this point I just get a blank page in hyperterminal. Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong or what I can do to get this bugger flashed?

Hi what vix image are you trying to flash..did you format usb first?
you do know you need to use clone safe modded images for your solo2se...
if you have flashed a genuine image then you have bricked it mate...if not then try the vix apollo 29 clone safe image i uploaded to downloads today.

Flashed the vix 029 image from the vu-hd.com site but after about 30 secs it stops and boots back to the boot screen

Flashed the vix 029 image from the vu-hd.com site but after about 30 secs it stops and boots back to the boot screen

so it flashed okay and starts fully?sounds like just a bad flash or you have knackard the bootloader trying to flash the way you did....Try flashing bootloader the conventional way and try downloading fresh image again and fresh format usb see if it helps.

It flashed and restarted but did not take the flash properly as it still boots to blackhole page and not vix. Where can I find the bootloader to flash via usb? What I don't understand is this receiver is supposed to have the rs232 facility so it doesn't end up buggered but it wont connect to hyperterminal either so what use is that!

when you come from blackhole to another image (like vix) unless that image uses a splash screen then blackhole splashscreen will stay..
Thats all it is a splashscreen nowt else.
as for rs232 its a clone things never always work..i remember asking china seller a while back about this rs232 stuff and changeable chip was a load of crap..it was advertised as being able to swap/clip in and out the flash chip if it bricked and be able to use rs232 to flash the chip..

Last edited:
but vix does use one. Am I doing the rs232 process ok? Why is this not working? Surely this is the whole point of it being implemented

but vix does use one. Am I doing the rs232 process ok? Why is this not working? Surely this is the whole point of it being implemented

In genuine images yes not in clone as they are backup images with driver mods and splash is not backed up..
just take out the splash file from genuine image and put it in clone image file and it will flash and remove blackhole one..
I do not think the serial port works as it should mate...its just a sales tool

tbh Im not fussed which splash screen it has I just want it to work :)

If it is not booting and the rs232 is not working as it should to flash it that way what can I do?

tbh Im not fussed which splash screen it has I just want it to work :)

If it is not booting and the rs232 is not working as it should to flash it that way what can I do?

flash with usb...try what i suggested download another image,try a different usb,format using hp format tool first

I have re-formatted usb, Used a different usb, Flashed vix, Flashed blackhole but still end with the same result.

Blackhole splashscreen saying booting which changes to the blackhole screen saying starting gui and there it just hangs doing nothing

I should say that I never actually let it boot up from new in factory sent state so it may well have done this before I even tried flashing vix onto it

I should say that I never actually let it boot up from new in factory sent state so it may well have done this before I even tried flashing vix onto it

or you could have done damage trying to flash bootloader via serial or something....have you tried another image and flashing via usb??

not really as this was happening before I even got the rs232 lead out. I have now tried both blackhole and vix images on two different usb sticks. Starting to think it was buggered on arrival. What I don't really get is why the serial recovery method is not working. I am doing it right aren't I? The Chinese instructions are not exactly clear

I dont know mate as i never used that method or had the box..but after all its a china clone and most likely not even wired up to work.

long story short then ..... its fooked!

No doubt mixeshop will suddenly do a disappearing act when I email them too

Back