[Help] Cable over normal RF cable

insitu

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello, relatively new here and i'm slowly learning enough about the Starview/Eurovox etc to get the confidence to buy one...

This problem is kind of related to this.

Basically, at the minute we have one VM box directly where the coax cable comes through the wall in the living room, so that's quite handy. What i want, however, is to set up another box in the upstairs play room for the kids (maybe have Eurovox downstairs, old VM box upstairs). The only cable i have going from downstairs to upstairs is a normal RF/aerial cable like this : www.amigakit.com - TV Aerial Cable .

So, what i want to know is will this type of cable carry a cable signal?

If not, do you think i could tie a coax cable to one end and pull it through from the other end? (not a builder, so don't know if the RF is fastened into the cavity walls).

I cant test this at the minute because i would need a slight reroute in the loft, but that wouldnt be a huge issue if this would actually work.

I dragged on a bit, but hopefully you get the jist.

Thanks,

insitu.

Last edited:
I have about 20 feet of standard RF coaxial cable feeding a 2nd box in my sons room, it's perfect mate.

I keep meaning to replace it but after all this time, what's the point.

yes its essentially the same thing - a 75ohm coax cable - you may want to replace it for the proper shielded coax but is dosent really matter

thats great, i'll order the box and get it sorted.

there's no problem in using the eurovox and the VM box at the same time is there? can VM detect that i am receiving 2 signals simultaneously?

thats great, i'll order the box and get it sorted.

there's no problem in using the eurovox and the VM box at the same time is there? can VM detect that i am receiving 2 signals simultaneously?

No mate, you'll be fine.

If they can, there'll be a few people worried on here lol

You'll be fine m8 ;)

The only difference between the 2 coax's is better screening on the vm type.

Cable won't be fixed in cavity so should pull, but do it in stages rather than the entire length if you can.

Curly

Back