Help!!and which way should i use?

harrykhan05

Inactive User
Reaction score
Can any one tell me what setup they have pls??do you need a router connected to the dream box or is it simple pc-crossover wire and then run the program??any one pls, and do i need to download an FTP client??? cos nothings working for me!!! and how do i know the files have been traqnsfersed???any one!???
ps how do i retrive my ip address without me having to go downstairs and view it on the tv!!
im using the simpel simroffs program.

A periscope is what you need to view the IP whilst upstairs

hi there.
download dreambox forever and run d.c.c. to get ur ip address

Cheers big ears!!!lol
ive got a dream box with evocam on it and dw image.
i might need a diagram...!!!lol no honest!!!

hi there,
its nice to be of help as im new 2 this myself.what image and evocam versions do 8u have m8? do u know where i could get them . i have a 500c

if ur box is connecet to ur router m8 login to it and get ur ip of the box:Wave::Wave::Wave:

tht makes sence, ok when i get it all i do is put it in with username and password and right the keys to the box, thats fine, but my layout is just dreambox connect to the router via cross overs and a gold rs32 cable, is that ok?? or do i have to download a FTP software?

Go to the threads called cable files here its back one page from you reading this, go to smirnoff entry for today, check the date download the image he has put there today, it has the latest fix, once you've downloaded it to your program files you may need to unpack the file using a winrar program, once this is done you need dreamup program, if you dont have it then look inside cable files again, the program is there for you to download, i think its called dreamup.exe, once you have this program its not to hard to sort your dm500 out, unplug your dreambox from all cables, connect the rs232 cable and open up the dreamup software, you will then press connect, make sure the dreamup is on com 1, once you've pressed connect dreamup will try to find your box, if it finds your box it will say power up your dreambox, stick the power plug back in, then press flash it will then ask which image to flash and open up your filesthen click on the image file you've unpacked, it must say dw.img for it to work, once you've done that it takes 12 mins to sort,
WHEN ASKED BY DREAMUP TO PERFORM FLASH ERASE YOU MUST SAY NO!
AFTER FINISHING PRESS DISCONNECT AND EXIT, UNPLUG THE POWER FROM DREAMBOX FOR 1-2 MINS, AND THEN TAKE OFF THE RS232 CABLE, THEN PUT YOUR DREAMBOX BACK ON THE TV CONNECT ALL LEADS PUTTING POWER LEAD IN LAST AND TURN ON TV, PUT TV TO YOUR CHANNEL FOR CABLE VIEWING AND WAIT IT SHOULD BOOTUP AFTER A MIN,
THEN GO TO A FTA CHANNEL, BBC OR SOMETHING, WAIT FOR A MIN, THEN GO TO A SUB CHANNEL, YOU MAY HAVE TO DO A TRANS SCAN IF THIS DONT WORK,
ANY PROBS THEN PM ME TOMORROW, AFTER OR BEFORE THE MANU-MANC GAME:)

Last edited:
Cheers me old mate!!thats a good guide................the thing is ive programed the box last time it went of with the image, has a new image been dispatched??? the thing simrtoff has put on doesnt need any images it just populates the keys hence no need to muck around. cheers again mate nice one.

Only ones i know about are :-dw 1.6.5+ dw 2.0 +dw 2..1
not sure if theres any more, smirnoffs one from 28/11/08 is the 2.1 i think, it says it has the fix included in the image

AHA!!! i will have to ck that out if smimroff has put up a fix, my tread was about the auto program he made which you put your ip in and just right the files, but that was a temp fix, but the best one to dat!!! smiroff is a cool dude.
if the fix is in the image then ill just have to download it onto my box.

my Dreambox is just connected to my pc i only use it for viewing hence wasnt to sure about the set up needed to install any progarams.

Back