Help 500s works at mine but not at...

as crazy fool says a little test to try is try your cline in his receiver at his address, if your cline works in his box at his address its down to your fathers cline and a provider problem.

well you were able to connect to the internet through the box.
that sounds like your network is fine.
what does the cccam info page looks like under the servers tab?

it could be a problem with your cline provider, he could have locked the ip address as previously mentioned without knowing.
i can give you a cline from my server if you want to rule that out...

Been there done that ;)

At this stage it must be a firewall/router problem although if thats the case why were you able to download from the ppanel then???

strange indeed.
clients shouldn't generally require port forwarding.
just dmz the son of a bitch nevertheless

you might want to take your router to your dads and plug it in that way.

thank for the pm crazy so if it works in dmz then there might be a way of getting it to work without and if it doesnt work then its the cline or fline

I really dont know mate. in my limited understanding of port forwarding, it shouldn't work, but its worth a shot anyway.
additionally, call me crazy again, and see what happens.

Been there done that ;)

At this stage it must be a firewall/router problem although if thats the case why were you able to download from the ppanel then???

Because the ppanel probably uses Port 80 generic internet traffic and is allowed through the router firewall, port 12000 or whatever your Softcam is using might be being blocked.

ok no problems crazyfool but you can call me anthony or tony i dont mind

hi gsmtech i no you have to portforward to get your server to work externally but at the other end like at my sons would portforwarding his router to his dreambox ip and serverport help it to work if it doesn't work bye just plugging it in to the router ? its funny some get them up and running with no probs others hav nothing but problems

ps i will try bye putting router in DMZ but i will not leave it in

Last edited:
thats just it.
client boxes shouldnt need port forwarding. but just dmz anyway to eliminate it as a possible cause.
if i was to take an educated guess i would say that you might have accidently ticked something on your router interface that makes it guard its ports like constipation. either that or your router is just fooked.
restore to factory defaults and flash latest firmware via manufacturers website.

PS: i was just pulling your leg earlier mate ;)

test the box and c line in a third location if you can, that would tell you where the problem is.

give us an update on this as its a weird scenario and I along with others would like to know how your gettin on.

I resolved this issue by taking my own box that I had running in my house (DM800) to me dads - fired up straight away ;-)
I am left with his 500 tho works perfectly @ mine - will upgrade it at some point to the DM800 / miss my DM800 ;-(

So really doesn't explain what the true cause was - put alot of evenings in plus help from you guys...oh well some sort of result eh..

-Badaman

very strange one, thanks for lettin us know, only thing i can think of is your server may have added a line in his config to only allow connection from a specific ip address, not necessarily the external ip addrss but maybe the boxes lan address, did you try giving the box the same address as your router does at home when over in your dads?

Back