Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Help 500s works at mine but not at...

badaman

Inactive User
Hi Guys,

Need some guidance here, I got my dad a 500s with a sub tried it @ my house – fired up straight away, I take it round to me dads connect it all up and it fires up but only showing FTA, I spent a couple of hours restarting the box modem/router checked the 500s had an ip address which it did still no joy – gave up in the end….
He’s got one of those new all in one router/Modem from Virgin it’s a VMDG280 (I guess this is what virgin give nowadays) It works fine @ my house but I have a separate modem and router – so could this be the case?
Do I need to config my dads router/modem it’s model number VMDG280 may be its blocking ports or even a firewall etc – I’m stuck now and need to get to the bottom of this so any help/guidance or what I should be doing would be much appreciated – I do think its down to this all in one router/modem

-Badaman

hi m8 im only new to this my self but in your house is it working as the server or the cline as the cline internaly wont work externaly as it needs more info to work out side your network

Althougfh it got an ip address at your dads double check it is getting out the web, try and download somthing like a softcam and see if it downloads.

Tony49 - It's not a serv mate just has a Cline (sub) and it works fine at my house but @ me dads only FTA.....so thought its got something to do with his router/modem it's an all in one thing...model number VMDG280

Cuebase - I shall try that later - what else could be the reason?

I'm sure it's his new modem/router that may need to be configured..?

Any help ideas appreciated..

thanks

-Badaman

If its just a cline i.e. a client then it should not need any special router setup,
did you try it at your house first before ever trying at your dads? If so the server could have locked the line to your ip address.

Yes Wiz mate just a client - tried it at mine first and was all OK...
If locked - how do I unlock this?

Thanks

-Badaman

wiz if thats the case would that mean anyone using there service would have to have a static ip.

I'm going to me dads this even - I'd really like to get it sorted..
Any ideas suggestions please

Thanks

-Badaman

Badman, make sure your box has web access then we can take it from there, bring your lappy so we can talk while your there, did you email your provider to check its not ip locked as per ther post by wiz

Yes Wiz mate just a client - tried it at mine first and was all OK...
If locked - how do I unlock this?

Thanks

-Badaman

I would contact the server owner and ask if this is the case first m8,
and if so tell him the gist of what you did and he can unlock it.

wiz if thats the case would that mean anyone using there service would have to have a static ip.

Technically yes but if your ip changes often the server owner might ask you to use a dns account instead.

I'm going to me dads this even - I'd really like to get it sorted..
Any ideas suggestions please

Thanks

-Badaman
Hello m8 was the box bought with a year sub if so you might find it poor quality i asume the server is a pc m8 if so it should of dropped the ip last night when it rebooted just before 4 am and should connect from another ip now...

ok some thing eals to check what is your router ip say 192.168.1.1 and your dads say 192.168.0.1 so just make sure the dm can change ip if needed

Cubase - I did email my provider and he didn't really know, said that he sets them up the same as he has done others - so said it should work fine - told me to check settings @ me dads..
I'll deffo check if I can access the web - I'll try and download sumthin from the dloads menu...

I'll aslo check that DHCP is enabled on the box as well as in the router/modem - is that correct? does it need to be enabled on the box as well as the router..

thanks

-Badaman

I'll aslo check that DHCP is enabled on the box as well as in the router/modem - is that correct? does it need to be enabled on the box as well as the router..

thanks

-Badaman

Yes m8 at least till you get it up and running first,
pm sent as well ;)

badaman let us no how you get on pls m8 wiz569 i was thinking of him setting up a dns acc you dont hav to use the odd no one say 77.77.77.77 can you set a static on your pc 192.168.1.100 use that then if you go somewere eals girlfriends boyfriends or wereever can you set there to the same ip and it work if its a locked ip ?

badaman let us no how you get on pls m8 wiz569 i was thinking of him setting up a dns acc you dont hav to use the odd no one say 77.77.77.77 can you set a static on your pc 192.168.1.100 use that then if you go somewere eals girlfriends boyfriends or wereever can you set there to the same ip and it work if its a locked ip ?

No that wont work as your dns account is attached to your physical internet address,
so going to a different location with the same dns account wont work :)

as previously mentioned.
can you download anything at all while connected at your dads?
try it to test that the network is working.

i'm guessing most likely a router issue.
check the network page on your box and see if the numbers correlate to your router status page.

you might even want to lift your own router and take it to your dad's to see if it will work there.
should do if its a problem with his router.

Elo All,

Thanks to all for help suggestions/guidance, I cound't get it going still while at me dads lastnight I was able to download and install addons via the image!!
Checked dhcp was on both
Checked network settings on the box all seemed ok had an ip address etc what crazyfool has poined out to check the box network page and if they match the router status page - didn't check that so next time im there I shall do so.
I gave up in the end ;-( I'msSure its this bloody router/modem all in one thing that is playing up anyhow I'll keep you all updated..

Thanks again to all

-Badaman

well you were able to connect to the internet through the box.
that sounds like your network is fine.
what does the cccam info page looks like under the servers tab?

it could be a problem with your cline provider, he could have locked the ip address as previously mentioned without knowing.
i can give you a cline from my server if you want to rule that out...

as crazy fool says a little test to try is try your cline in his receiver at his address, if your cline works in his box at his address its down to your fathers cline and a provider problem.

Back