Heads Up .. cable website Compromised

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'd never heard of that site. Just goes to show there is a big world out there if you look. But im to lazy and all comfy here to bother looking for other things when all i want is here.

Plus with all the password stuff thats going on at the moment, not just with sites with even hotmail at the moment according to some news sites, i have started to change all my passwords and put them into notepad and write them onto a piece of paper.
shocked myself at 1 point, I had DW, Amazon, ebay, Paypal, hotmail and my dailymail fantasy football all the same password.
Which was a BIG no no, asi can't have anyone messing with my Fantasy team.

Why is everyone wanting copies of the password list ?

If you were a member on that board, then just assume that your account details are known and take appropriate action. Also, dont assume that whats been posted is the full list !!!

i used to be a mod on that site, didnt see me on it, but i have different passwords for sites anyway

was shocked at how many people used 'digital' or 'digibox' as their password though

i used to be a mod on that site, didnt see me on it, but i have different passwords for sites anyway

Its not just about forum passwords though is it !

If the site has been compromised to the point it seems to of been then all kinds of interesting stuff like email accounts, ip addresses, paypal details (if you subscribed), full pm details (how many people pass name/address info via pm) and all kinds of other potentially hacker useful stuff.

If people are daft enough to use the same password for forums as they do for email then they could easily lose control of the email account. If your really daft and use same password for paypal then who knows what your presently purchasing !

Hopefully, whoever hacked the site has no interest in individual members details but there's certainly no guarantee to that !

yep thats true m8, a lot of people use a 'global' password so its easier to remember

i have a telephone type contacts book, and all my usernames / passwords are in there

i need more pages in the W section though, as every site starts www lol

yep thats true m8, a lot of people use a 'global' password so its easier to remember

i have a telephone type contacts book, and all my usernames / passwords are in there

i need more pages in the W section though, as every site starts www lol

forgot the www and just state the name of the site, duh lol unless the all start with w aswell

Its not just about forum passwords though is it !

If the site has been compromised to the point it seems to of been then all kinds of interesting stuff like email accounts, ip addresses, paypal details (if you subscribed), full pm details (how many people pass name/address info via pm) and all kinds of other potentially hacker useful stuff.

If people are daft enough to use the same password for forums as they do for email then they could easily lose control of the email account. If your really daft and use same password for paypal then who knows what your presently purchasing !

Hopefully, whoever hacked the site has no interest in individual members details but there's certainly no guarantee to that !

Yep, im not on that list, but last nite sum C*nt added me on Msn saying he was sending all my details to NTL about my illegal Box operation and piracy of Windows 7 lol WTF.

i was also banned from the site some time ago but wouldnt wish the site to be hacked/comprimised, could a mod with access to the list plz check if my details are available on it ty

Last edited:
i was also banned from the site some time ago but wouldnt wish the site to be hacked/comprimised from a misunderstanding could a mod with access to the list plz check if my details are available on it ty

what was your username

I agree 100% with nozzer
why the need to see the database ? nothing you can do with or about it tbh guys

just looking to see if my name was on it lads. 1 of those have to see to believe it things. Cheers

I agree 100% with nozzer
why the need to see the database ? nothing you can do with or about it tbh guys

unless your a dumb ass like me..i use different email passwords but forums i tend to stick to the same username and password..changed it now but if u arent a member on the forum then theres no need. but im a member on another forum and when i looked at the list there could only be one person with this username and he's the main admin on his forum and guess what he's changed..username and password now lol

as for vodka25 there isnt..but theres username vodkanbru lol

Guys regardless of if your name is on it or not why not just change your details anyway, i bet some of you are well overdue for a password change?? no point in needing to see the list either, nothing to be gained from it unless its for unscrupulous purposes (and im not insinuating anyone here would) but it is possible.
So hows about people just treat themsels to a nice new shiney STRONG password?

OK No More Asking For The List,There Is No Reason Anyone Should Need Or Want It
Thanks You :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back