HD Kryptview

Worzel

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have heard that Kryptview Arnet are doing an HD version.
Is this true ? if so does anyone know when it will arrive?

Regards,

Worzel :silly:

let them fix all the channels first m8

Fix the channels.... are they broken then??
Could you enlighten me!

My mate has got the A780 and he said all his channels were ok apart from 2 (not sure what ones)

let them fix all the channels first m8

Fix the channels.... are they broken then??
Could you enlighten me!

My mate has got the A780 and he said all his channels were ok apart from 2 (not sure what ones)

Nah..generally quite unreliable since the KV distributor raids and uploader shutodowns....chnnels randomly dissapear then come back frequently some channels not back yet..other channels glitching etc..

I would consider very carefully before looking at any KV HD box or SV for that matter....considering everything from the cricket world cup final, most of the champions league matches and the most of the end of the premiership season all got missed by KV owners due to uploaders down ! So very poor indeed... Much better off moving to Satellite with a quality HD Linux reciever....which quite frankly.... p**s all over anything SV and KV have ever offered....

i agree with some of gsmtech comments dont go near starview even though i got 6 years viewing for a outlay of a couple of hundred .as for kv the hd boxes they were due out april or may but due the servers being raided this has been put back.they were unstable due to them getting new servers up running and are a lot more stable now.the support will stay as they have to move their hd boxes . for a cost of 140 its worth a gamble. maybe gsmtech can give a rough cost of setting up the linux receiver,and if theres monthly fees
cheers

Basic linux reciever SD (not HD) Dreambox 500S Clone is 50 quid. Hardware spec I bet is higher than a KV which tells you that from the 150 quid you pay for a KV the majority of it goes in cardshare fees and KV (the actual box hardware is worth less than 50 quid).
Monthly fees vary....on method...you can setup your own private ring and get an official subbed card, share the cost between say 5-6 people maybe £10 a month. Or you can google cardshare servers who will provide you access to channels for varying fees...maybe probably 10 - 15 quid a month.
A HD linux reciever for a very basic one say a Openbox S9 or S10 is 85 quid, a better one with options to add hard disc for recording, timeshift (pause, rewind live tv) is around 120 quid or less Dreambox 800HD clone from China, cost more from UK supplier say 150 on fleebay. The higher end boxes with dual/quad tuners cost more.

What I will say however there is a learning curve, for people that are used to having plug and play type KV or SV boxes, and are not familiar with basic networking, FTP, etc...the curve can be steep. So be prepared to do a lot of reading. Linux recievers are genrally hobbyist recievers because of the flexibility and tinkering capibility

interesting post, ive been reading a bit about it and might give it a go with a few friends,ive used dreambox before and know a bit about the set up
thanks for the reply

Been hearing about this krytview HD box for what feels like years :)

Im glad went spiderbox/satelite cs route, its perhaps more trouble with setting up a dish and more pricer then going krytview route but if a server goes down theres plenty more out there around £10-20 per month at least and way more channels available and in HD already :)

i agree with some of gsmtech comments dont go near starview even though i got 6 years viewing for a outlay of a couple of hundred .as for kv the hd boxes they were due out april or may but due the servers being raided this has been put back.they were unstable due to them getting new servers up running and are a lot more stable now.the support will stay as they have to move their hd boxes . for a cost of 140 its worth a gamble. maybe gsmtech can give a rough cost of setting up the linux receiver,and if theres monthly fees
cheers

Learning curve, you aint kidding!!! Ive had a genuine dreambox 800hd, motorised 1m dish for about a year thinking it was easy, boy was I wrong. so much research if you've never used one before and im still struggling. thats why im going back to the cable side. I run a business and just have not got the time to search through the endless threads out there to get it all in my head.

I did ask the question on the satellite forum if a sly card would work in the 800hd but know onw has answered yet.

Worzel

Learning curve, you aint kidding!!! Ive had a genuine dreambox 800hd, motorised 1m dish for about a year thinking it was easy, boy was I wrong. so much research if you've never used one before and im still struggling. thats why im going back to the cable side. I run a business and just have not got the time to search through the endless threads out there to get it all in my head.

I did ask the question on the satellite forum if a sly card would work in the 800hd but know onw has answered yet.

Worzel

Is a dreambox 800hd that difficult to manage and run ?

from what ive heard over the past year, dreamboxes are the most stable and glitch/error free performing boxes for cs and for modding.

are you perhaps talking about the images available and all those mods and features or are you refering to the setup and just watching telly ?

Going back to krytview/cable would be quite pointess considering how long it takes to get back.... not unless your thinking about going legit :Devil:?

Back