have i got the right info 2 make a card from my Jtag

cg010169

DW Regular
Reaction score
I've soldiered my jtag got it up and running all fine, says it's connected when i run the samsung debug tool.
my question is about the information i've got back from it. I just wanna know if it's correct or if i've got a fake bk.

using the samsung debug tool, i hit the dump keys got the ird which i already knew and the boxkey number FF FC ** ** ** ** ** 77
Is that the right information the letters are all different or could that be a fake bk. Cos i heard it may have to start BB.
used the boxkey finger 2.2 as well and got a boxkey of B7 ** ** ** ** ** ** ** BD

also typed in the info into ORD commander and got a number starting with 02 and tons of different numbers in, 20 in all.

Just wanna see it's all right before trying to make a card, as the information i got has threw me as i thought i would get the same info as i did with the samsung debug tool.

sos if it doesn't make sense, had 1 to many coffees.

Last edited:
you shouldn't get a fake bk off the box mate, try using Bk 2.2 with the latest bytes for your area, see if the numbers tally

Used bk 2.2, and starts with B7 ** ** ** ** ** ** ** BD

how would i get the latest bytes for my area to check the number. Is it a case of typing somethink into the OCD commander. sorry if it sounds silly, just that i ain;t got a clue how to check lol

open bk 2.2 click on tools, jtag and you will see two config files . open one of them up, it will open in notepad... find your area ie, c+w or ntl etc leave the ird bytes the same and alter the bytes for the bk with the ones on the forum.. which area you in???

try these:

[NTL]
IRD =0x20020004
BOXKEY =0x00f69af8
[CW]
IRD =0x20020004
BOXKEY =0x0086b9a0

[PACE]
IRD =0x20040000
BOXKEY =0x20040004

I'll try them codes now

area wise is that the net id is in ntl, runcorn 41048

from the file

[NTL]
IRD =0x20020004
BOXKEY =0x00931c58

but the other file the boxkey is different

entered this in OCd as i found in on the forum 0x00f69f60 8

and got another number starting with FE ** ** * * * * * *E5

im totally confused now lol

Im a complete muppet, just read over what u were saying and now makes scene. I change the nk number with the 0x00f69f60 8 as thats a working code. So simple lol

cheeks for that mate, finally got there

Im a complete muppet, just read over what u were saying and now makes scene. I change the nk number with the 0x00f69f60 8 as thats a working code. So simple lol

cheeks for that mate, finally got there
r u sure runcorn is c/w not ntl

Yeah turned out to be CW not NTL, I did click on the wrong box when using the programmer.
Got the numbers back right away when i clicked on the CW option.
Thought at the time as when i joined cable it was NTL but was told last night that it use to be C&W.

thanks for all the help guys

just going to do the movie macro thingie and then the card. I've got a card from my mate as he has a spare one, could i just copy his and change the details to mine? or im a best making a new card from start

hi m8 no need to do the macro for the movies anymore! and you have to start the card from scratch, you have to delete all of the info on it if it has been used.

finally did it all this morning, even the macro thing, took 2 hours to go through it all. then just used the auto update funcard tut and box is flying now, so im made up. will be saving a fair bit of pennies now and be in the wifes good books when she comes in and see's we have the movies lol

how come you don't need to do the macro method, is there another way, i.e just using a card to update it.

Back