Has there been summat in the air over the last month???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have got to agree with most of what jaffa has posted.
A lot of good members have been lost in all this shit and for what?
Well i think a lot of us know the answer and thats what makes it harder to take tbh.
Davidh mentioned religous post but to me one of the biggest offenders on that topic is still on this board while better people have been removed.
This place is not the same since this all happened and for many of us it never will be.

I can only echo what Jaffa and IanB have said.

There are two issues I disliked the most, one was the seemingly odd ban lengths for certain members whilst other, much more troublesome members are already back and posting.

And the other issue is the fact a lot of the moderation was done in public and then threads locked giving the affected members no right of reply. That seems a poor way for Admin/Mods to behave, and not something I would have expected at all from DW even as little as three months ago.

But hey, it's done. People have moved on and said their piece, (mostly, those that have been allowed) and life goes on.

I see the Thankers are out in force, but they need to remember there are two sides to every story. (Neither right or wrong, just two sets of opinions.)

it is sad to see some members banned but sometimes these things need to happen.

some may come back, some won't. but that is not all down to admin and mods.
a few decided to push a little to far, while others well lets say they took the huff and told us to stick the forum, I miss a few of them myself, and hope to see a few come back. but lets not forget there are loads of people who like to come here and chill, if they wanted hassle all the time there are other places they could go or sit and bicker with the wife, we try to be fair, sometimes we get it wrong, nobody is perfect,

we don't need to do this. we choose to because at one time we had a nice friendly place.

I'll hold my hands up and say that I may have even caused a bit of the aggro during the world cup. but I calmed my posts down because I could see it was starting to effect things, I know that the football was not the only problem, but it was one of them.

of course there are others who still try to stir things and cause trouble, but we will try to sort each problem out as they pop up, and we hope one day soon we can try to get back to the friendly place this used to be, or as near to it as possible..

Rab - P.....
grouphug.gif

That seems a poor way for Admin/Mods to behave

They will never please everyone, just the way it is. They do a job and make decisions they believe are the correct for DW as a site and its members at the time and fair play to them as they will own up if they think they have done wrong.

:bighug: :banana:

Willy waving and pride are not a good combination on a forum.

That goes for both sides of the debate.

Same goes for the sense of humour by-pass, both sides suffered from the same affliction.

They will never please everyone, just the way it is. They do a job and make decisions they believe are the correct for DW as a site and its members at the time and fair play to them as they will own up if they think they have done wrong.

:bighug: :banana:

Doing your "Modding" in public, and then denying right of reply by locking the thread, and forcing members hands into asking for reasons why in new posts, is a trend I've rarely seen on the internet, and looked from the outside, to be deliberately provocative. Some might even say inflaming the situation.

But as I said, it's done, time has gone by, and people have moved on. It's really no drama, unless people make it so again...

Two sides to every story is the only thing I ask people to remember. No rights, no wrongs, just opinions.

Thats my final word. Time to move on, for better or worse.

Davidh mentioned religous post but to me one of the biggest offenders on that topic is still on this board while better people have been removed.
This place is not the same since this all happened and for many of us it never will be.

Thats unfair mate to single out one member. The mods and admin decide the punishment,if they deemed a temporary ban then thats their decision.

Its just raking up old stuff again and questioning decisions. Whats done is done and the people who run this site did what they did,rightly or wrongly in some people's eyes,what they thought best for the site overall.

Its a sort of 'damned if you do and damned if you don't' situation. And not a decison I would wish to make...

yes i did mention religion
but i could have said

football
dolphins
orbs
talking to the dead

what we need to realise is everybody has an opioin and yes ppl can say yes or no but some ppl went overboard with it this is what causes the problems

some member in good faith can put a post up then somebody jumps on to the post and ridicules it then more do so other then jump on them

isnt it silly

i dont know how many times we have told members if there i9s something u dont like ignore it

as admin on this site there are to many things that i have read and seen that i dont like
but if i deleted them half of the posts/threads wouldnt be here but i let members have there choice wether they want to read it or not

u all have to remember we are adults not kids
so why dont we all act like adults

remember there is allways the ignore
you dont even see the posts/threads that they make it makes them invisible

now wouldnt that make the place better????

thats my final word on the subject
i will leave it up to you the members to see if i am talking sense or crap

the best thing to do is if u see a post thread u dont like then use the ignore button
i have used it and its great

Members should also learn how to use the report post button instead of jumping into threads and fueling the fire! I've even seen links to heated threads been posted in the shoutbox and thats just ridiculous! They should be left of the main board for Admin/mod to deal with. The shoutbox is a feckin' gossip column of late!

The report button does work, I've repoted spam many times before! It allows Admin/Mods to do their job!

Members should also learn how to use the report post button instead of jumping into threads and fueling the fire! I've even seen links to heated threads been posted in the shoutbox and thats just ridiculous! They should be left of the main board for Admin/mod to deal with. The shoutbox is a feckin' gossip column of late!

The report button does work, I've repoted spam many times before! It allows Admin/Mods to do their job!

The day i joined this site i got called a c*nt and verbally abused badly by a long standing member in the shoutbox, at least people are friendly to each other in there now and nobody is made to feel unwelcome. A vast improvement in my opinion.

The day i joined this site i got called a c*nt and verbally abused badly by a long standing member in the shoutbox, at least people are friendly to each other in there now and nobody is made to feel unwelcome. A vast improvement in my opinion.

Totally, I noticed the sb hasn't been a warzone whenever I've been there it's been cool.

I also noticed that the forum has generally been a lot more chilled out since the bans took place and has been a much better place to be around imho....it says it all as well that more long standing members who weren't posting started to do so again after the a couple of egos got the boot.

To the people saying they brought laughs and were good members, they may well have been at one point, that's not for me to say, but beyond a certain point it becomes beyond a joke and you cannot expect to remain on a forum if you are A) slagging off other members and/or B) thinking that you are untouchable. It's just not going to work imo.

In the end it's a change, some people love it whereas others hate it, and in my honest opinion lately DW has changed for the better.

There are some real hypocritical bastards posting in this thread, doing their best to sink the boot into people who aren't here to defend themselves.

There are some real hypocritical bastards posting in this thread, doing their best to sink the boot into people who aren't here to defend themselves.

you want to talk about hypocritical witchy?

Ok lets get it all out in the open. There has been a vendetta against me on this site since the day i joined, probably because some of your friends got their knuckles rapped by admin and mods for being so nasty to me.

So let's get a few facts clear:

I have NEVER reported any of your friends for their baiting of me even though they have clearly been doing so.

I actually pm'd the mod and admin involved and told them thanks for standing up for me but that i didn't need or want any special treatment and that i didn't want any repercussions on the members involved.

I am well aware that there are personal comments being made about me on their new rejects site.

Last edited:
you want to talk about hypocritical witchy?

Ok lets get it all out in the open. There has been a vendetta against me on this site since the day i joined, probably because some of your friends got their knuckles rapped by admin and mods for being so nasty to me.

Nothing whatsoever to do with me Eva?

Where or when have I ever said anything negative about you?

I know certain cretains have been telling stories, I don't know whether or not I was mentioned in the tell-tales, but I can guarantee you that *I* have NEVER said a single bad word about you.

You are not the hypocrit, what made you think that?

is it not down to themselves why they are not here to defend themselves.
if they had not got banned, then they would not need to defend themselves,

some may have just followed like lost souls but others knew exactly what they were doing. and just kept pushing.

is it not down to themselves why they are not here to defend themselves.
if they had not got banned, then they would not need to defend themselves,

some may have just followed like lost souls but others knew exactly what they were doing. and just kept pushing.

I know that Rab.

I saw the thread and I KNEW they were all gonna get banned, lol

I'm not saying you said i was being a hypocrite, i have never been a hypocrite about anything on here, i will always post what i believe, and if other people don't like that or like me, that's their problem, they'll have to live with it or ignore my posts, i'm not going anywhere unless admin decide i am.

I have no personal quarrel with any of the members that have been banned and am actually sorry that some of them are gone, and hope that they will be able to come back and put all this behind us.

And as for calling other people in this thread hypocrites, well everyone is entitled to their opinion on things and if they feel that DW is a better place without some, then that's their opinion.

The biggest hypocrite and most two faced person around here witchy in my opinion at the moment is you. So go back and report that one to your friends.

Eva, go to the site and count the number of instances that I've done what you are claiming I have done.

Absolutely none.

You have been listening to a little boy telling you all sorts of nonsense via a chatbox on another forum, I have said and done nothing, go check for yourself.

And as for calling other people in this thread hypocrites, well everyone is entitled to their opinion on things and if they feel that DW is a better place without some, then that's their opinion.

You told me I was the biggest hypocrite, I'd like you to cite your evidence please, or is it all just heresay from a well known trouble maker?

The mods can't win whatever they do, but that is the position of a mod on a busy site - they must also understand that.

You cant please everyone!

If you want my honest opinion I think its all hilarious lmao. I know I should not be laughing but the digitalworldz wankas logo was classic lmao.

Life is short we have a short time here so we should enjoy what we have while we have it, I certainly do not hold any grudges to anyone that I banned I did it because it was getting out of hand, and people was doing whatever they wanted.

While its all good and fun there must be a line drawn.

And while good members (allegedly lol) are gone this is what happens on all sites on the internet, members come and members go, this time they was pushed.

I would not worry yourselves to much about it all, I have no cotton wool left to wrap members in - we are all out until the next batch comes in!

Have fun, and you could try and keep this thread free from arguments please lol.

Mickie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back