Hargreaves cumin to United for £17 million

If Hargreaves is so average, how come he was voted England's Player of the Tournament at last year's World Cup?

Coz England had a disappointing world cup where all there real stars (Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney etc) didnt play well!

Coz England had a disappointing world cup where all there real stars (Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney etc) didnt play well!

....and he did play well..................so.......................no, you've lost me there. :confused:

....and he did play well..................so.......................no, you've lost me there. :confused:

Well its my opinion that i dont rate the guy at £17 million or anywhere near that mark. Its easy to have one good tournament and also its easy to look half decent in a team thats under achieving and playing below par ( England in World cup). You cant judge someone on one tournament. I watch him play for Bayern and hes OK, but thats it just OK.

Firstly i think Carrick has played well all season chipped in with a few good goals. His creative play has been good as well.

Darren Fletcher is an average player but has played very well this season so can't knock him for his commitment. He is a good squad player glad he is in our team.

Hargreaves is an excellent player just what was needed i think for some games he will do well in my opinion to his critics all i can say is give him a chance.

Oh and to those who have been making price comparisons

Look at this Cantona cost 1 million Drogba cost 25 million does that mean Drogba is 25 times better then Eric ermmmmmmmmm NO he ain't half as good as him.

Look at Chelsea flops

1. Sheva
2. Tiago
3. Jarosik
4. MUTU
5. Geremi
6. Del Horno
7. oh the list goes on and on

Look at Liverpool

1. Cisse
2. Diouf
3. Kuyt
4. Bellamy
5. GONZALEZ
5. Pennant

United flops

1. Djemba Djemba
2. Veron (he did ok but for price was too much)
3. Kleberson
4. maybe 1 or 2 more player

Arsenal to have had a few but what my point is its Chelsea that have had most cock ups in recent years

Just what is the point in these lists? The question that needs to be asked is whether Owen Hargreaves is worth spending £17M and half of the budget on? Or should this money be spent on a more gifted player?
IMO its the latter.
Prices these days are getting rediculious and this is the worst case I've seen in a while. The worst case from your lists is Shevchenko but this guy had a world class goalscoring pedigree, fair enough he hasn't cut it and ain't half the player he was.
Fergy went to watch the Bayern - AC game presumably to watch Hargreaves and he was absolutely shocking. I honestly thought he's drop his interest after this but to offer £17M really is taking the piss!
Man Utd should be after better players

Look at Liverpool

1. Cisse
2. Diouf
3. Kuyt
4. Bellamy
5. GONZALEZ
5. Pennant
1. Cisse agree
2. Diouf agree
3. Kuyt fook off first season
4. Bellamy agree
5. GONZALEZ first season
5. Pennant first season
u cannot judge a man in his first season

now ur going to tell me ronaldo was perfect in his first season
ok he played well this year

anbd to be the best in the world u have to do it constant

but them main question is, is Owen Hargreaves worth £17M no sorry i dont think so
but in the way prices have been inflated i would say £10 m

he did do well in the world cup
but that was because he was played in his postion if daft arse
the manager had played all the playes in there correct places we would have played a lot better
and as u stated before about carrick
who the fook is he lol
waste of space
or should his dad has shot him in to space lol

my opinion is none of them are worth 50p fall over they are off for 2 weeks with a broken toe nail
there are lads who play with flu - broken bones and dont complain because they play for the love of it not to make stupid money per week for nothing
just my opinion

That way Bellamy is in his first season too. I will admit we are possibly paying slightly more then we need to but its just how the market is. Like someone said Alonso cost 11 million and he is quality.

1. Cisse agree
2. Diouf agree
3. Kuyt fook off first season
4. Bellamy agree
5. GONZALEZ first season
5. Pennant first season
u cannot judge a man in his first season

now ur going to tell me ronaldo was perfect in his first season
ok he played well this year

anbd to be the best in the world u have to do it constant

but them main question is, is Owen Hargreaves worth £17M no sorry i dont think so
but in the way prices have been inflated i would say £10 m

he did do well in the world cup
but that was because he was played in his postion if daft arse
the manager had played all the playes in there correct places we would have played a lot better
and as u stated before about carrick
who the fook is he lol
waste of space
or should his dad has shot him in to space lol

That way Bellamy is in his first season too. I will admit we are possibly paying slightly more then we need to but its just how the market is. Like someone said Alonso cost 11 million and he is quality.

Alonso is a quality player. Very few in the premiership can match him technically. He can create goals as well as banging in a few as well which makes him worthy of a hefty price tag. If his price tag was £17M I'd say that was bordering on rediculous, so it's sure as hell a rediculous price to pay for someone like Hargreaves, even if the market prices are heavily inflated!

Look at Chelsea flops

1. Sheva
2. Tiago
3. Jarosik
4. MUTU
5. Geremi
6. Del Horno
You know the more I look at your posts the more I come to realise you are a complete numpty when it comes to football knowledge, I can drag up dozens of your quotes which have been proved WRONG .. you haven't got a clue

1. Sheva - It's only he's first season so you can't judge him on that, as as been said Ronaldo was shit in he's first few seasons
2. Tiago was a good player while he was with us
3. Jarosic had 2 good seasons
4. MUTU - agreed
5. Geremi - ?? wtf he still plays now ??
6. Del Horno - one of the best left backs in Europe if you ask me, he just wasn't given a chance when we got Cole

Look at this Cantona cost 1 million Drogba cost 25 million does that mean Drogba is 25 times better then Eric ermmmmmmmmm NO he ain't half as good as him.
No and when did Cantona ever score 33 goals a season ? answer .. Never .. best thing that Froggy gat is remembered for is Kung Fu .. LMAO

united have had plenty of flops, the two that come to mind apart from that list are massimo taibi and cruyff

united have had plenty of flops, the two that come to mind apart from that list are massimo taibi and cruyff

Thankyou Si at least you have a knowledge of the game unlike glowey eyed idiot Man u supporter above ;) lol

yes but he is shite lol

dave I actually think Ballamy is a very good player it's just Managing him thats the problem cos he's a complete tosser like the other fella J Barton

Well personally i think its great looking forward to seeing Hargreaves play in England next year, i must admit at first i wasn't a fan but he proved me and evrybody else wrong at the world cup and was the engine of the team throughout. He's isn't the most eye catching of players but that isn't why Sir Alex has purchased him, he isn't on the pitch for skills and flare but to tidy up the mess in midfield and provide the link between plays, he showed the most grit and determination of all the players at the world cup and Ferguson 99% of the time doesn't buy shite. However 17m is very steep for any player, but thats just football of today and Bayern Munich really did not want to let him go, only for the right price and they certainly got that, when you compare him to the likes of andre flop shevchenko then mayb its a more than fair deal.

As for fletcher and O'shea i personally think fletcher only gets in the team because hes scottish, he's defenately improved but defenately doesn't have that special class you need for any of the top four clubs, he's nothing for than a mediocre player, who belongs somewhere like Newcastle or Aston Villa. O'shea is a good defender but still not sure if has the class to keep his spot at man utd, time will tell.

dave I actually think Ballamy is a very good player it's just Managing him thats the problem cos he's a complete tosser like the other fella J Barton

have to agree, complelte spoon off the pitch but i rate him as a player

Unfortunately for manu, they have to pay a large percentage more for players. As soon as manu ( or chelsea ) show interest in a player up go's the price tag, thats the way it is for all the rich clubs, if say bolton wanted him they would probably get him for £10 million.
Although he's expensive I think he could give manu something they are missing, a quality defensive midfielder, someone who can put his foot in and break up the play. They showed against Milan ( when they were overrun in midfield and had no answer ) that is something they can lack on occasions.

You aint got him yet though, maybe Chelsea will put a stick in the spokes and put a bid in !

@siross, sort your sig out m8, its ruining the lines of the pages

Last edited:
No and when did Cantona ever score 33 goals a season ? answer .. Never .. best thing that Froggy gat is remembered for is Kung Fu .. LMAO

I think majority of people here would agree Cantona was better the that DOGBA. Oh one thing is for sure Ronaldo wasn't a bad player even in his early seasons at United.

Unfortunately for manu, they have to pay a large percentage more for players. As soon as manu ( or chelsea ) show interest in a player up go's the price tag, thats the way it is for all the rich clubs, if say bolton wanted him they would probably get him for £10 million.
Although he's expensive I think he could give manu something they are missing, a quality defensive midfielder, someone who can put his foot in and break up the play. They showed against Milan ( when they were overrun in midfield and had no answer ) that is something they can lack on occasions.

You aint got him yet though, maybe Chelsea will put a stick in the spokes and put a bid in !

@siross, sort your sig out m8, its ruining the lines of the pages

Does this explain why Liverpool payed only 11million for the earth shatteringly fantastic name says it all Fabio Alonso lol

Back