Hargreaves cumin to United for £17 million

£11M for Xabi Alonso
£17M for Hargreaves
£18.5 for Carrick

Someone with even a slight knowledge of football would know what the better deal is here. Don't expect you to know tho!
For £17M Man Utd should be buying better players than Hargreaves!

The fact is there isn't many good defensive midfielders about at present.

The one i would have liked at United is Gatusso but he won't leave Milan.

Another is Danille De Rossi of Roma

Then theres Makalele of Chelsea well he is quality in his position. We needs a player who can break attacks up. In the ideal world it would have been nice to have another Roy Keane a proper box to box player. I believe Hargreaves can and will do well he can do box to box stuff. Recently i have seen a fair bit of him and technically he ain't too bad.

Lets hope we now sign a good left winger and a striker and we are done for next season.

Any of you lads been keeping tabs on the loan players from what i have seen and heard they are doing well.

Rossi is at Parma and is scoring a few goals looks good.

Pique the young Spaniard is a Zaragoza and he has been getting his plaudits.

Theres also the 2 at Sunderland Evans and Simpson who i think we should loan to Sunderland for one more season. Both have performed well.

Foster well we know about him.

This is squad for next season

1. VDS, 2. Neville, 3.Rio, 4. Vidic, 5. Heinze, 6. Giggs, 7. Scholes, 8. Carrick, 9. Hargreave, 10. Ronaldo, 11. Rooney, 12. Saha, 13. Rossi, 14. Park, 15. Evra, 16. Brown, 17.Fletcher, 18. O'Shea, 19. Pique, 19, Kieran, 20, Eagles, Dong, 21, Foster, 22. Kuzcack, 23. Smith 24, NEW Striker, 25. NEW Winger

The rest of players on United books should be sold or loaned out i think.

he is only 17 million because utd like chelski are rich... if no one was interested in him he would go for about 7-10 million i reckon.

he is a good player not the greatest but has a good engine in the fella, every team needs a player that will chase the ball (it lifts players and fans).

i cant wait to see who chelski will be in for lmao, gotta be 40 million for someone lol

how will chelski ever be able to balance there books when after 4 months of the season they are in dept of 80 million lol... all the players want the same money as shevchenko (whats that £130,000 a week) and ballack.

there accounts dept must be fooking nuts lol... yeah just keep writing the cheques the russian will cover it lol

i dont think russian boy will forever chuck away 100 odd million a season on debt and there debt is after profits which is very alarming.

maybe he will lol... what they spent 500 million on players lol... thats more than the emerates stadium cost lmfao rofl and still no champions league

Last edited:
Agree with you Mickie D we have or a rather are going to pay over the odds once again. We did same with Carrick but thats the thing with the market. I admire Wenger in that aspect he gets top quality young player in at good prices. I don't see Arsenal spending over 20 million for a player they just got a good scouting system. I am really impressed with Arsenals Eboue and Rosicky this season.

The fact is there isn't many good defensive midfielders about at present.

The one i would have liked at United is Gatusso but he won't leave Milan.

Another is Danille De Rossi of Roma

Then theres Makalele of Chelsea well he is quality in his position.

Completely agree with this. But as a Man U fan don't you think that these are the sort of players they should be spending big money on? Man Utd are undoubtedly one of the biggest teams in the world. Therefore they should be chasing the best players in the world.
Its not the fact that they're spending £17M on a player that annoys me, its that IMO they should be chasing and spending it on better players.
Seen Pique play a few times. Looks a good prospect. Would beef up the team as the guy is fecking massive! :FRIGHT:
Klaus Jan Huntaleer, if the rumours are right, would be a fantastic signing. The guy can finish!

Arsenal are great with one exception, too many young people and not enough experience sometimes. Other than that all teams with exception of maybe Ajax and Barcelona could learn alot from their scouting and youth systems.

Both Manu Utd and Chelsea are just paying stupid money for mediocre players (Sean W Philips, Carrick, Hargreaves etc etc). There are 5 or 6 players that carry man utd and chelsea and the rest are pretty average.

Does this explain why Liverpool payed only 11million for the earth shatteringly fantastic name says it all Fabio Alonso lol

eh? who the fook is fabio alonso ?

Liked the rest of your well thought out intelligent response though : tosser :

eh? who the fook is fabio alonso ?

Liked the rest of your well thought out intelligent response though : tosser :

lol hes got Fabio Aurellio's legs and xabi Alonso's body. Have you never seen him?

But all United attackers have been good this season.

We lacked stability at times in the middle though. I don't believe we have 5-6 good players as a team we played real well and hence we are where we are now with the league ours. Just wish there was a Keano like player around or even a player like Gerrard.

I think Arsenal wish push the league real close next season provided Henry and Van Persie stay fit etc. The defense needs tightening too. But with Gallas and Toure you have 2 very good CBs

They've been good but at one point this season they were struggling badly because of a couple of injuries and had to rely on Larsson as a stop gap. If Saha picked up an injury next season it only really leaves Rooney and Solsjear (sp?) as recognised goal scorers. And Solsjear is as injury prone as anyone. that leaves a lot of pressure on Rooney.
Another forward should be a priority and with Scholes, Giggs getting on it might be worth looking to bring a quality creative midfielder sooner rather than later

Yeah Man Utd did excellent and thats why the won the league not doubting that for a second. But all you Man Utd fans will think your the best team in the world but lets take a few players

Wes Brown
Oshea
Evra
Fletcher
Park
Richardson

They're not exactly great players. These are the players and positions you need to cover and not by spending £17 million on a guy who will be no great loss to a team you would class as being not as good as Man Utd (Bayern).

I means seriously put Fletcher and Park together and youve not got half the player Scholes was or is!

I can't believe what you said about EVRA he being a player we need to replace. Have you seen him this season?

I assume NO. He has been best Left back in league probably. O'Shea has chipped in well. Fletches has been good. Park and Brown average and the rest poor in my opinion (that from your list ice2004).

if henry and wenger stay at the club according to all the papers wenger wants out and if wenger goes so does henry and maybe fabregas aswell.

i could live with henry going i know you all think are you mad but we have alot of strikers and they would need to step up to the plate next season and anelka went and we found henry so i would not be to upset and we would get maybe 25 million for him because of his lengthy contract he signed this year!

but losing wenger for me would be a blow huge blow i dont even think a manager could fill his boots we aint got the money for one lol so who could buy like wenger ????? furgy... moaninio ... no offence but they are great managers but they cant buy players like him and we would be in trouble

but hey its al fun and games im sure there will be alot of developments for every club over the summer lol

If Man U have any sort of reasonable reliance on those players next season to win them games then they'll struggle to hold onto the title.
They've maybe had their odd shining moments in games but that isn't enough

if henry and wenger stay at the club according to all the papers wenger wants out and if wenger goes so does henry and maybe fabregas aswell.

i could live with henry going i know you all think are you mad but we have alot of strikers and they would need to step up to the plate next season and anelka went and we found henry so i would not be to upset and we would get maybe 25 million for him because of his lengthy contract he signed this year!

but losing wenger for me would be a blow huge blow i dont even think a manager could fill his boots we aint got the money for one lol so who could buy like wenger ????? furgy... moaninio ... no offence but they are great managers but they cant buy players like him and we would be in trouble

but hey its al fun and games im sure there will be alot of developments for every club over the summer lol

Agree entirely with Wenger bit for good transfers he is great. I don't think he will leave why would he there ain't many leagues and clubs in world better then his. Only United of course LOL!

Henry would be a blow but if Wenger is there then i expect him to bring in a new unknown striker who would do well. Fabregas is quality i rate him as one of the best in world football. He is quality wish we had him. Perfect for Scholes replacement.

Agree entirely with Wenger bit for good transfers he is great. I don't think he will leave why would he there ain't many leagues and clubs in world better then his. Only United of course LOL!

Henry would be a blow but if Wenger is there then i expect him to bring in a new unknown striker who would do well. Fabregas is quality i rate him as one of the best in world football. He is quality wish we had him. Perfect for Scholes replacement.

Now £17 million for Fabregas would be a good bit of business in my opinion. If Carrick is worth £18.5m then fabregas is worth about emm 20 billion?

There was a program on just an hour ago in which the public voted for the best/most influential manager in british history and Wegner won.
Admit I was a little surprised he won but the guy would be practically irreplacable.
He would be the single biggest loss that Arsenal could have next year (if he did go tho doubt he will).
Henry would be a massive loss as the guy oozes class and can create a goal from nothing. Tho he would be slightly easier to replace than Fabregas who Arsenal should do absolutely everything to hold on to. Possible future captain of Arsenal IMO

look Fabregas is good but he is a one off how manyplayer in workd football are like him. Not many. Anyway i feel Carrick has improved this season.

Back