Hargreaves cumin to United for £17 million

look Fabregas is good but he is a one off how manyplayer in workd football are like him. Not many. Anyway i feel Carrick has improved this season.

For 18.5 m id be looking for more than a fecking improvement. For that kinda money he should be fecking awesome to start with! Fabregas is not a one off. Barcelona have midfielders galore. One of my favourite players is Andres Iniesta who is 99% of the time a substitute. That guy is over shadowed by bigger name players but every time i watch him is sublime. He would be awesome in any team he went to.

Like Wenger does you need to find someone young who you can mould into the player you want.

Also instead of £11m on Owen if rumours are to be believed what about a bid on Saviola? Owen is a big doubt now. Injury prone so is he really worth an £11m gamble? Id put a bid on Saviola as i know hes not happy at Barca and Barca want him out as he fell out with the owner.

Last edited:
:roflmao:.

LMAO foot in mouth time for me, Fabio Alonswho he was propably the pool cleaner on my last trip to Menorca. Oh well you all knew I meant Shabby Alonso (ill have to check my spelling on that one) Yep got it right at last lol

look Fabregas is good but he is a one off how manyplayer in workd football are like him. Not many. Anyway i feel Carrick has improved this season.

:Laugh: save comments like this for the Fun & Laughter section.
There are plenty of young players world-wide who could make Fabregas look average! You'll see some of in seasons to come.
What about the players who have matured into world-class players just now? Do you think they just appear outta thin air and onto a football park? They started where he is!

Iniesta is integral part of Barca and is playing alot of games foe BARCA this season.

App............Goals
31 (11) 8

He has played 31 times not bad that is it. And chipped in with 8 goals. The fact is these players are not sold on when already at big clubs.

:Laugh: save comments like this for the Fun & Laughter section.
There are plenty of young players world-wide who could make Fabregas look average! You'll see some of in seasons to come.
What about the players who have matured into world-class players just now? Do you think they just appear outta thin air and onto a football park? They started where he is!

Name me those young players now!!!

Well every players starts from bottom but you can see which are class and those who are average.

LMAO foot in mouth time for me, Fabio Alonswho he was propably the pool cleaner on my last trip to Menorca. Oh well you all knew I meant Shabby Alonso (ill have to check my spelling on that one) Yep got it right at last lol

LMAO oh you meant Shaggy Alonso? Now i get you! :Cheers:

Iniesta is integral part of Barca and is playing alot of games foe BARCA this season.

App............Goals
31 (11) 8

He has played 31 times not bad that is it. And chipped in with 8 goals. The fact is these players are not sold on when already at big clubs.

What players arent sold on? Owen Hargreaves was at Bayern and sold on? Or about to be anyway. Whats the difference? Are you saying Owen Hargreaves isnt intergral to Bayern? (that would be half my bloody point, the other half being £17m????)

fact is Bayern needed money to fund for more players after a dissapointing domestic season. Look at everything in a global way ice you may understand a wee bit better.

Barca are far more financially secure then Bayern.

Anyways good night i am off, up at 8 in morning. Will see you lot here 2moz.

Is 17 million still big money in this day and age, some of the price tags on the modern day footballer far exceed 17million. Ok i agree clubs and agents do just throw in a big number but ask Liverpool what they want for Gerrard the fans will say priceless but if you get the chairman to give you a number I wouldnt bet against a 40 million tag. The same suffice to say would go for the Kaka's and the Messi's of this world so is 17 million actually a massive price tag. Im not talking in real terms ie to the average working joe its a feckin fortune but football has it really got to this stage. This just purely speculation as i have heard the 40 million tag chucked at more than a few big name players be it in the local rag or the gotta be true national papers but there you go that my 2p's worth.

Name me those young players now!!!

Well every players starts from bottom but you can see which are class and those who are average.

Well seen as you fecking ordered! Do you honestly think world-wide, there's maybe 3 or 4 young players who can match him football wise? FFS get real!

Look at everything in a global way ice you may understand a wee bit better.

LMFAO your posts on and knowledge of football is well known on this forum to be, at best, bullshit! Almost every thread in which you have posted about football you have been slaughtered and I believe some of these rediculious posts contributed to a ban.
So FFS don't even think about having a pop at other members like ice for their views! In the end it will make you look even more stupid!

Is 17 million still big money in this day and age, some of the price tags on the modern day footballer far exceed 17million. Ok i agree clubs and agents do just throw in a big number but ask Liverpool what they want for Gerrard the fans will say priceless but if you get the chairman to give you a number I wouldnt bet against a 40 million tag. The same suffice to say would go for the Kaka's and the Messi's of this world so is 17 million actually a massive price tag. Im not talking in real terms ie to the average working joe its a feckin fortune but football has it really got to this stage. This just purely speculation as i have heard the 40 million tag chucked at more than a few big name players be it in the local rag or the gotta be true national papers but there you go that my 2p's worth.

Doubt anyone will argue with any of this mate as its completely true. But for £17M (or more) a player should be special and this should be widely recognised. Or at least they should have the talent to become special.
I don't count Hargreaves to be in this category and think Man U should be looking at these types of players.
I'm not saying £17M is a massive tag nowadays, i just think its too big for him. But this is just my 2p's worth as well

sure that coming from ice reead his posts regarding United. Anyway i didn't say it in a bad manner to ice so no need for you to but in. I got banned for other reasons. Oh i started this thread it would be grateful if in future you do not participate in threads i open cause people like you fook my head up which causes me to say things.

sure that coming from ice reead his posts regarding United. Anyway i didn't say it in a bad manner to ice so no need for you to but in. I got banned for other reasons. Oh i started this thread it would be grateful if in future you do not participate in threads i open cause people like you fook my head up which causes me to say things.

Read his posts?? Read your fecking own posts about United, they're laughable at times!
You don't have to worry about me replying to any more of your threads as they're a complete waste of time!
I'm not the first member, in this single thread, to say that you your football knowledge and your posts are utter crap! What does that tell you?

The Hargreaves issue is a classic case of supply and demand, they've got him, they know United really want him therefore the price tag reflects this. Earleir in the January window Bayern where throwing 23 million stickers on Hargreaves as they knew United wanted him for the champions league (him not being cup-tied an all). IMHO to have had him in the squad for the latter stages of the champions league would have been a total bonus just the type of player needed in a backs to the wall situation. Im in agreement 17 million seems over the top but lets remember this price isnt as yet fixed so only time will tell. United I think personally are crying out for a footballer of this type since we cant replace Keano best to work around the loss. Hargreaves and Carrick can carry each other through the season injury wise and let the Scholes, Giggs and Ronaldo's do the forward role. Facts are United are desperate for just this type of player, Bayern well they're skint now (without champion league football next year) so of course they have to demand stupid money. Classic case of supply and demand!
regards

mrplumb

FFS how long is this thread.

hargreaves £17m you's are getting bumped big style,just as you's did with carrick. and at thge start of the thread someone saying fletcher is good he's totally w@nk!

it's about time some peeps took these red tinted manc glasses off. Man u were apparantly the best team in the world till they got totally outplayed by AC Milan then beat off a poor chelsea in the FA cup final.

in my eyes man u only won the title as chelsea and arsenal have been really poor this season and the refs all had man u shirts on under the black tops;)

na seriously man u deserved the title this season,but c'mon 17m for hargreaves FFS.

FFS how long is this thread.

hargreaves £17m you's are getting bumped big style,just as you's did with carrick. and at thge start of the thread someone saying fletcher is good he's totally w@nk!

it's about time some peeps took these red tinted manc glasses off. Man u were apparantly the best team in the world till they got totally outplayed by AC Milan then beat off a poor chelsea in the FA cup final.

in my eyes man u only won the title as chelsea and arsenal have been really poor this season and the refs all had man u shirts on under the black tops;)

na seriously man u deserved the title this season,but c'mon 17m for hargreaves FFS.

Fletch certainly isnt United's best player that's for sure BUT he'd hop into Newcastle's team on one leg, wearing an eyepatch, pissed as a fart with a bad dose of the lickety splits and still be the best player their team. LOL oh I love footy for the banter.

yes dutch i agree, only relate a response to a thread as this is not a personal slaughtering match as to who is right and who is wrong, every1 is entitled to their own opinons.

my opinion is 17 million wow... agree with Mr plumb a perfect case of supply and demand (did it in Uni) lol.... to be honest hes probably worth around 7-8 million and this is because hes an england international... No way he can be worth 17 mill... well then they do have to try and progress not that they get any closer next season they will probably end up in third place and win the carling cup.lol...

1.liverpool
2.chelsea
3.man u
4.arsenal
5newcastle

may be the top two might swap places...: multi :

i dont think you will find anyone soon who will play 40+ games for there team at 16 years old and do a great job ?

he is still 19 and our best player this campaign by a country mile without him we would not have finsihed 4th, i dont think you will find many other players at his age that show the kinda experiance, passing, determination that he has... so i diss agree with that m8 ;) lol

he has the potential to be the best player in the world but i agree there is alot of talent.. take messi for example. They are 2 different players where fabregas can pass like no other messi can take on players all over the park

arsenal had a crap season but we still finished 4th and had the worst injuries in the premiership, but its players like fabregas that i agree we must hold onto.

Regards
Mickie D

Last edited:
Back