Handheld retro gaming device

samsentinel

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi could anyone suggest a good handheld gaming device for playing retro games up to ps2 thats pretty straight forward to use adding ROMS etc. Thanks

hawkish

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi could anyone suggest a good handheld gaming device for playing retro games up to ps2 thats pretty straight forward to use adding ROMS etc. Thanks
I would have thought your best option is a powerful Android phone and one of those snap on Bluetooth controllers so that it looks like a switch.

Alternatively if you have a pc with a recent nvidea GPU then the ps vita has a moonlight port that can stream anything from your pc both on LAN and over the internet which opens up the field. You could stream something like launchbox/bigbox anywhere in the world. Come to think of it, even without moonlight, the vita gives rock solid native emulation up to ps1, N64 is a bit wobbly. The vita native games look as good as ps2 imo

coldlinks

New Member ++
Reaction score
I don't think there's a handheld out there that could play the vast majority of PS2 games properly. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

Captin

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Quite a lot of people use a raspberry pi for emulation, including PS2, in MAME cabinets etc..

You can get LCD screens for a Pi and also cases with built in 7" LCD screens, you can also run a Pi from a battery.

Not sure is you can get a case with built in LCD and also game pad, but you can use any bluetooth gamepad with it.

spud1966

Staff member
Reaction score

3.5 Inch IPS Screen Game Consle with Shell for Raspberry Pi A +/B +/2B /3B /3B+

£32.32

Fleebay

TEST