H & V switching openbox s10 Problem

In my case i have sky quad lnb, dreamboxes etc ALL work fine, open box has this switiching problem and no signal etc.

IF all other boxes are off then the openbox works fine.

will this fix work for me?

try this, use a loopthru from a dm500 box and feed the openbox with that, also make sure the power switch is turned off on the dm500.
seems the diode trick failed after a while but im now ok doing it via a loopthru.

(all other boxes on the quad wont then interfere with the openbox tried & tested)

Last edited:
Hi friends, is there any update as to which diode is best to use?

I am having many problems with openbox s11 (5 boxes ALL same prioblem)

Also is this not the same as using an in-line slope amp?

a slope amp made mine worse, either use a diode 1N4007 1A 1000V or see my post above this for looping thru.

Hi friend, thanks for the loop through idea

Unfirtunaly it tooo difiiculy with 5 different customers!!

The diode fix seems to work great right now, how do u mean it failed?, is it a temp fix? :-(

Hi friend, thanks for the loop through idea

Unfirtunaly it tooo difiiculy with 5 different customers!!

The diode fix seems to work great right now, how do u mean it failed?, is it a temp fix? :-(

i think it was a bad firmware and not the diode, it was about 2 or 3 firmwares ago it had problems and i thought it was the diode and it wasnt. however it can suffer with interference if its not shielded properly, you end up with half of another channel showing thru in glitches thats the only problem.

anyway the loop thru is only good if you are able to.

I have 4 open boxes at home and some channels are showing no signal.

Really is annoying, have tried all sorts of firmware and cant change it.

What is the easiest way to sort this. Friend also has the same problem.

I have 4 open boxes at home and some channels are showing no signal.

Really is annoying, have tried all sorts of firmware and cant change it.

What is the easiest way to sort this. Friend also has the same problem.

This really needs a new thread rather than hijacking this one (if a mod wants to move it), but when was the last time you updated the channel list/frequencies etc? They change periodically.

Have updated a few times recently.

Have also noticed that when i turn one openbox off, the channel that wasnt coming through on another box starts to come in.
So im guessing its something to do with voltage on the lnb?

Not sure what to do from here.

Can the F Sockets be mounted on a plastic plate, was thinking of using a regular surface mounted backbox used for wall plates and mounting the f sockets onto a blank plastic face plate with the diade securely fixed inside.

Wasn't sure if the tin case in the example was used for earthing/shielding purposes or not.

Thanks

i think it was a bad firmware and not the diode, it was about 2 or 3 firmwares ago it had problems and i thought it was the diode and it wasnt. however it can suffer with interference if its not shielded properly, you end up with half of another channel showing thru in glitches thats the only problem.

anyway the loop thru is only good if you are able to.

What's the best way to shield it the diode ? I just made my diode fix last night and have the fconnectors on a blank faceplate mounted on a surface mounted plastic backbox used for wall sockets etc. I noticed the channel bleed you mentioned on some channels (not many). But the solution works great otherwise. They need to release a new firmware to fix the issue, I put a voltage meter on the back and seems the receiver is sending nearly 21v to the LNB for vertical polarisation channels.

Your F connector socket grounds should be linked - the reason I used the tobacco tin.

The diode should not need shielding - your crosstalk from other channels could be caused by the lack of the common ground.

Your 21v as the voltage from the the box for vertical polarisation signals must be wrong - the diode will only drop about 0.5v.

thankyou very much i used any old diode and now got all channels works flawless

Back