Guide to buying the correct speaker wire

In a decent AV setup, I've always used 2.5mm all round to keep things simple.

I normally use this cable or Van Damme Blue as the quality vs price ratio is pretty good.

Munkey

Inactive User
In a decent AV setup, I've always used 2.5mm all round to keep things simple.

I normally use this cable or Van Damme Blue as the quality vs price ratio is pretty good.
That sounds cheap at £1.50/m. If you dont mind me asking what speakers are you running and are they 4 or 8 ohms?

I thought you was referring to 2.5mm T+E LOL

Cheers

That sounds cheap at £1.50/m. If you dont mind me asking what speakers are you running and are they 4 or 8 ohms?

I thought you was referring to 2.5mm T+E LOL

Cheers
With my setup I use a 7.1 Canton CD1 and CD50s as fronts and center, and I use 4 ohms with my DA1200ES reciever.

I mostly use that cable with peoples setups now as it was recommend to me by an AV pro on AVForums. Its a quality cable for the price, although bear in mind its pretty thick to run behind skirting etc.

Munkey

Inactive User
Thanks for the advice sideysid :)

That cable falls within my budget and I'll defo check it out.

ruairi

Inactive User
2 core power flex is what I use. Cheap and you are not going to achieve much better should for expensive audio cable. Its insulated very well as its kind of important. I got this info from a guy who used to do serious AV installs 50k plus systems. But for normal home use its fine.

Koolie

Member +
I had to 'borrow' quality speaker cable for my HT, so i took it from our existing 5CD stereo player. The wife was now saddened that she can't play her CDs, so i purchased 5m of doorbell wire, for a £1....now everyone is happy :Laugh::Jester:

TEST