Guide: Fix DM800 Clone Glitching on HD Channels

does it matter what way round the cap goes?

its long leg + short leg - > which goes to where on the legs of those otehr components?

D

YES IT DOES.
connect the long leg to positive.

you might have to get your multimeter out to find out which one is positive unless somebody has already pointed it out on the interweb.

CrazyFool

ive whipped off my tuner and found out its an L3.

there is a cap on the back a 16v 1000uf, but its a small one... i bought 2 from maplins today that are huge...

is it worth swapping them out?

D

OK couldnt be bothered to wait :)

Ill post results tomorrow..

so far so good... IT\/HD was running at 69% SNR, now its 85%.. somethings working :)

D

i did swap... and now i get everything!!!!!!!!!
could never pick up DisnyHD or EPSNHD - now glitch free
I even watched 2 hours of the CH4HD coverage of the election last night - fine and dandy

it was such an easy fix.. Ill post pics tonight..

I think I might ask for a sticky :)

D

I even watched 2 hours of the CH4HD coverage of the election last night - fine and dandy

D

that would be great m8, im going to try this however im nervous about making an arse of it.

i replaced my Cap on a rev. J tuner with one from Maplin and now the box just hangs while booting with the cap in. I then put the original cap back and still have no lucj Arghhh!

D

If you could mate that would help other members, what is your SNR now on the channels that were glitching.

:Cheers:

thats a software issue surely... I cant see that the tuner being funny would stop booting... you would just get a tune failed message?

try reflashing..

D

i replaced my Cap on a rev. J tuner with one from Maplin and now the box just hangs while booting with the cap in. I then put the original cap back and still have no lucj Arghhh!

That's a software issue surely... I cant see that the tuner being funny would stop booting... you would just get a tune failed message?

try re flashing..

D

defeniatly hardware because when I either replace the tuner from my original and put into the clone / remove the tuner then it boots up perfectly

you probably made a balls of the soldering or amaged one of the components mate,
i would recheck your work

im now watching the chelsea liverpool match in 3D (all be it split screen pictures...) but no freeze :)

D

Anyone else more than a little disturbed due to the fact that the satellite community know how to fix this yet the Chinese manufacturers are still releasing tuners with the wrong capacitor value?!

lol yeah.
maybe somebody should email the idjits.

The thing about capacitors is that they store up electricity when its not being used and they release the electricity when the current becomes too low.
that, and they also prevent too much charge being sent out that would otherwise fry expensive components.

so that might indicate that not enough current is being dished out to the tuner.
if the psu is external somebody might want to try feeding the box with something that has a little bit more umph.
if psu is internal then there are also ways around that too.

Last edited:
This makes good reading, but I'm a little lost on how to change the amplitude of the tuner.
Do you use Dream Control Centre and if so how do you configure?
Sorry if this seems a little stupid. Newbe with this setup and any help appreciated. Many thanks and best wishes from,

Gibson.

This makes good reading, but I'm a little lost on how to change the amplitude of the tuner.
Do you use Dream Control Centre and if so how do you configure?
Sorry if this seems a little stupid. Newbe with this setup and any help appreciated. Many thanks and best wishes from,

Gibson.

You have to telnet to the box and paste this and hit enter

cat /proc/stb/frontend/0/tone_amplitude

that will tell you what the amplitube is set at on your box, mine says 000000007

then if you want to change it you paste this and hit enter, and where the X is you put the number you want, 1 to 10

echo X > /proc/stb/frontend/0/tone_amplitude

and when your happy with what you have you paste this and hit enter to save it on start up

/etc/init.d/bootup

:Cheers:

Back