Guide: Fix DM800 Clone Glitching on HD Channels

I do not know where to start, i have aligned my dish/lnb so that's ok. I have the inline amp here.

Do i start on caps/transistors/inline amp/telnet ? I have blackholev11 image.

Forgot how to telnet.lol Think it was START>RUN TELNET IP ADDY ?

Cheers

I do not know where to start, i have aligned my dish/lnb so that's ok. I have the inline amp here.

Do i start on caps/transistors/inline amp/telnet ? I have blackholev11 image.

Forgot how to telnet.lol Think it was START>RUN TELNET IP ADDY ?

Cheers

Start, Run:
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
Code:
Code:

guys am going for the cap fix today on my rev l3 tuner, did anyone else try this to confirm it solves the issue?

Also with the cap, do i need to remove the old one completely i.e. all of the solder until i see a hole and then solder the new one?

I thought cap fix was only for older rev J and K tuners not the Rev L3 tuners.

on page three i can see someone replaced this on the L3 tuners with a bigger cap size from maplins and his SNR went to 85 from less than 65 so maybe it does solve the issue.

on page three i can see someone replaced this on the L3 tuners with a bigger cap size from maplins and his SNR went to 85 from less than 65 so maybe it does solve the issue.

Just read that, intresting...cant see any harm in trying for the cost of a 6op cap it's worth a go. Cheaper than sending your tuner back to China..and waiting 2 weeks + to get it back...or even if your supplier is UK based stll gonna take at least a week.

Just read that, intresting...cant see any harm in trying for the cost of a 6op cap it's worth a go. Cheaper than sending your tuner back to China..and waiting 2 weeks + to get it back...or even if your supplier is UK based stll gonna take at least a week.

i believe you sent your back to china, have you got the replacement as yet?

I bought two from the same company you got from, strange one solved the issue with 20db amp and the second does not... i was thinking of sending it for a replacement although i might give this cap fix a try before i do it and see if it solves it.

will update later how it goes.

Nope no replacement yet...It was sent back about a week ago..checked with Tony on Friday he shadnt recieved it back yet..said it can take 10 - 15 days for it to be recieved...
Looks like im in for a long wait..Im not convinced a new tuner is going to fix the issue either...luckily I still have some TV to watch...on my old DM500C's my area is not N3 yet...too bad i'm missing the start of the footy season in HD though..
I only had issues on a couple of minor HD channels (after installing a 20db inline booster) which I probably dont watch anyway...The main ones, Sports HD, Movies HD, Discovery HD etc..were all OK.
The booster caused some SD channels to stop working, "tune failed" on Sky Premiere, Premiere +1 mainly (these work OK with the booster disconnected but then HD channels glitch)...Also wasnt happy with Low SNR in general on a lot of channels 50 - 60% when a clone DM500s and original Sly+ box were getting over 80 - 85% on the same feed...Definitely something not quite right..

OK tried changing the capacitors and had number of issues.

Firstly the dm would not boot up after changing it, finally when i did manage to boot it up it made no difference at all.

After fiddling for 4-5 hrs i gave up and put back the old one and it booted straight away.

looking at the my old one it was using 10V and i bought a 16V as mentioned here not sure if that would have made a difference?

Thanks

My faulty tuner has finally arrived in China after 2 weeks...repalcment being sent out Monday...which will probabaly be another 2 weeks untill I recieve it...

My faulty tuner has finally arrived in China after 2 weeks...repalcment being sent out Monday...which will probabaly be another 2 weeks untill I recieve it...

Wouldn't bet on it, got 10 receivers in 3 days EMS :Clap:

Firstly the dm would not boot up after changing it, finally when i did manage to boot it up it made no difference at all.

After fiddling for 4-5 hrs i gave up and put back the old one and it booted straight away.

looking at the my old one it was using 10V and i bought a 16V as mentioned here not sure if that would have made a difference?

Thanks

Thats interesting, when I tried this I experienced the same problems with rebooting, reverting back to the original cap it was back to normal. I'm pretty sure the original cap had 16v written on it.

Thanks

This is normal on an L3. If you put a 16v in place of the 10v, the box will either hang or keep rebooting on start up.

I managed to telnet into my 800 and changed the value to 1 but how do I do this?

'Then save it to /etc/init.d/bootup so it will execute at startup.'

thanks

Has any one tried a revision M tuner yet, thinking of getting one to replace my l3.

Lads have an original 800hd and getting the same issue with the hd channels is this a known issue with the tuners in original 800 boxes? and can the same fix with cap can be applied?

I've got a rev K tuner and it has the mod cap and the old one.

So I got a new one from Maplins and replace the 1000uF cap.

Guys, is there a trick to get the capacitor off?

As I could not get the other one off I just put everything back together (with the new capacitor) no differance.

Just need to know how to get the small capacitor off.

Thanks.

any one know whats happend to the links on page 1 of the post, would like to try the tuner amplitude. just installed inline amp & is no better...... 8-(

cheers

steve

how do u save the echo X > /proc/stb/frontend/0/tone_amplitude to the bootup, i changd it to 0000003, is their command in telnet to save it
helpless

ok after doin more reading i fink to save tone_amplitude to bootup i just paste /etc/init.d/bootup into telnet, it didnt work for me and thats y i asked how to do it, after i hit enter i get stuff like setting standby to 120 (10min), setting acoustic manager to 128, idconfig: cant open configuration file /etc/ld.so.conf; no such file or directory, wat could be wrong why wont it save
helpless

Back