GrapeSource Fun Chorus, assembly roll method

chorusinfo

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys...
As a background I've been looking over the ATMega Cahllenge.. and had all intentions of trying this sort of stuff with an ATMega card but I've gone and lost the one ATMega163 card I had haven't I..., so I'll order another one or two of them at a later date..and play with the ATMega Challange again..
In the mean time I do have some fun cards I can play with..

So moving on from another thread about provider images http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=151380 nozzer told me where to find the grapesource for funs.

So I've taken this fun source and added what I think is required to produce a flash for Chorus..

I know the easiest way to do this is just to test it.. but I'm not near my box and prob wont get a chance until tomorrow night..

So I'm wondering if the roll method in this grape source is up to date?
"Latest (MAP) keyroll" is mentioned in the comments but I'm not sure if that's what it's currently called.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
and even though I ain't tested.. I think this is the keyroll method I will be testing with the AtMega (possibly incorrect)... but here it is..
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
Ok.. I never paid much attention to assembly when I was being taugh.. so forgive my stupidity if i'm talking total nonsence.. I'm just trying to get to grips with all this stuff...
Thanks for any input or pointers..
ci
p.s. my work in progress is attached.

Last edited:
The actual code you posted from the ATmega is not the keyroll code...

It's checking the 8 bytes signature of the EMM against the 8 bytes stored in the internal eeprom at $1F8 (the signature of the last processed keyroll).

If they match then the keyroll is discarded as a duplicate.

The funcard does something similar but only checks the first 3 bytes.

thanks..
that's informative...

I've been caught doing a few jobs in the evening these last few night.. and have not got around to trying it yet...

looking forward to seeing if it work...

and maybe the atmega stuff works too.. even though i'm totally incorrect in my thinking where the keyroll method is..

thanks for you help.. not many people on this forum that seem to like messing with this stuff...

ci

hi
The rar file won't download for me - can you post it again?.
What do you put on the ext eeprom?
obwan

hi
The rar file won't download for me - can you post it again?.
What do you put on the ext eeprom?
obwan

Hi ya sure will. Just using my phone at moment, will post when i get to one of my pcs regards ci

Back