Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Grand Theft Auto IV (c) Rockstar *FULLDVD* *PAL* *MULTI5*

For anyone interested, you can sometimes force a 10mb business config 24/7 without any traffic management. I used to have it set to 10MB from 4pm-9pm then back up to 20 as soon as 9'o clock came.

Just been capped for my allowance so it looks liek the new STM hours are already in practice. No longer 4-9pm, I beleive it is now 10:30-9pm or something ridiculous like that. Looks like I may switch back to permanent 10mb config.

AAAAaarrrrr i'm at work and can't get it downloaded till I get home tonight, I would ask the mrs to do it for me but she gets confused when she leaves the kitchen.

Oh there's the boss, wonder if I can get away with pretending i'm sick : mr ed :

Frenchman

For anyone interested, you can sometimes force a 10mb business config 24/7 without any traffic management. I used to have it set to 10MB from 4pm-9pm then back up to 20 as soon as 9'o clock came.

Just been capped for my allowance so it looks liek the new STM hours are already in practice. No longer 4-9pm, I beleive it is now 10:30-9pm or something ridiculous like that. Looks like I may switch back to permanent 10mb config.

I think we posted at the same time mate.... according to the info I just grabbed from VM website they're still running 4pm-9pm(see update on my previous post). I just grabbed GTA IV which is way over the 800mb thresh hold at full speed from start to finish which might suggest that the shaping still doesnt start until 4pm...unless ofcourse they havent updated their own website and are now rolling out new parameters.

AAAAaarrrrr i'm at work and can't get it downloaded till I get home tonight, I would ask the mrs to do it for me but she gets confused when she leaves the kitchen.

Oh there's the boss, wonder if I can get away with pretending i'm sick : mr ed :

Frenchman

LMFAO..... I like the way you think mate ;)

See, i can be useful :) my utorrent is set to a limiter between 4 and 9 and so is my newsbin, obvioulsy i cant use both at the same time or i would have to alter the speeds, I fine tuned it and i have it set at 150k dl speed between 4 and 9, it comes in around 2.8 gig if constant, i know its miles away from the 2.3/6 meg i normally download at, but its a trickle and its ok, if i really want something badly then i say bugger it, grab it and get throttled :)

I think we posted at the same time mate.... according to the info I just grabbed from VM website they're still running 4pm-9pm(see update on my previous post). I just grabbed GTA IV which is way over the 800mb thresh hold at full speed from start to finish which might suggest that the shaping still doesnt start until 4pm...unless ofcourse they havent updated their own website and are now rolling out new parameters.

Well I'm on 20MB connection at the minute mate and it just suddenly dropped to 590kB (which is what I get when I'm capped; I usually get 2.3 when it's uncapped) so I'm 99% sure I have been STM'd, and it's only 3:05pm.
This may be different in different areas though, maybe we are due 50mb soon and that's why they are clamping down on it, who knows.
Not looking good..

Is it sad that I raced home @ dinner time to switch my PC on then come back to work? Possible teacher strike 2moro so I may get the day off too :D

Last edited:
I would ask the mrs to do it for me but she gets confused when she leaves the kitchen.

that will have me in stitches for ages mate nice one, try looking into realvnc mate thats how i used to do stuff like this from work wont help now but may come in handy for future releases

Its deff 4 till 9 in my area, because i purposely hit it at 4.40 the other day because I wanted a game :) and as soon as I hit 3 gig bang, dropped to 5 meg on my newsbin :) Then its like that for 5 hours, which aint so bad if you hit it early, as thats on 9.40, its when you hit it at 8.59 u get pissed off :)

Use remote m8, all i asked my misses to do was put a disk in, i have done the rest from work :)

Ditto lol, raced home @ dinner, switched PC on, inserted blank verb DVD and drove back. Done the rest from here. :proud:

If any of you guys are on cloned modems, you are aware you can just change the MAC to another one once you hit STM aren't you?

Not sure if there is as I aint really looked for it, but is there a way to hide the games you have played from anyone else on your friends list, I know I can look at my friends online and see what games they have been playing etc and what scores they have, can this info be hidden in the privacy settings?

Last edited:
I deffo need to sort out remote access, well i'm sorted now just about to leave, early :proud: phoned mrs told her to put dinner on, and not to plan any discussions with me or to plan any TV viewing for the foreseeable future, lol.

Hope this game is as good as the last ones

Frenchman

56% done and they just capped me, so another 1/1.5 hours to go, and the footies on tonight could be a late one.

Where is everyone gone............................. bloody playing GTA already no doubt lol

Frenchman

mines fine, but i cant get the misses off it, i know i wont sign on live with it, but is it ok to sign in so i can save?

Back