Grand Theft Auto IV (c) Rockstar *FULLDVD* *PAL* *MULTI5*

i spotted this earlier but didnt want to build hopes up lol i also saw a comment on a nzb site asking if this was the australian version as that one is censored can anyone confirm this if is the english pal version as i still have 20mins left to get + burning and unraring etc and i cant wait that long lol if deedie is still around do you know mate all though i do understand if we dont hear from him for a week lol

Last edited:
downloaded, burnt and played

now i'm off to work

just walked down the street and a NPC ped just asaulted me, because i punched him.

NOT FAIR

i spotted this earlier but didnt want to build hopes up lol i also saw a comment on a nzb site asking if this was the australian version as that one is censored can anyone confirm this if is the english pal version as i still have 20mins left to get + burning and unraring etc and i cant wait that long lol if deedie is still around do you know mate all though i do understand if we dont hear from him for a week lol

i have no idea if its the aussie version. i read the same comment as yourself. but i also read that if it was the aussie version it wouldnt be a multi5 as they only need the english language on their discs. so im guessing its a proper eu pal release. i might be wrong though.

first impressions are that this game is going to be excellent. only on the first mission after watching all the usual story build up stuff etc. the car controlls a re going to take a bit of getting used too, and the same with controlling niko. it feels different from what we are used too.

there are no updates required prior to playing either incase anyone is worried taking any updates ets

Yeah, got mine now, me misses is playing it at home, im at work grrrr! Hey MX m8, I wonder how partycan is getting on with his torrents of this, mind you , it will probably come down at a gd speed with everyone having it :)

This is the PAL version, completely un-censored.
Only the AUS-PAL is censored.

The leak source was based in the UK this time round according to posts on nforce.nl

grabbed that comment from elsewhere ;)

nice one deedie, im almost ready to play now im gonna have to go out until its done i cant stop looking lol
think ill leave live until about a week or 2 after launch cant wait do that either i can see some major banning happening i read somewhere that the makers of ironman the movie are worried because its due out this weekend along with gta and they reakon ticket sales are not going to be that good due to people buying and playing this lol class.

nice one mxwizard just what i wanted to know this is like christmas for grown ups lol

i know this as allready been cleared up but for any doubters i got this from the site i think alot of us have visted today.
199631fq6.jpg

VM only cap between 4pm and 9pm, if ur on 20meg then you can only dl 3 gig between that time or ul 1.5 gig, if you go over that then your dropped to 5meg for 5 hours, even if you go over that limit at 8.59, so I have all my programs set to limiters from 4 till 9 grrr

I checked it in XDVDMulleteran is iextreme and has the ss presnt so all looks ok

VM only cap between 4pm and 9pm, if ur on 20meg then you can only dl 3 gig between that time or ul 1.5 gig, if you go over that then your dropped to 5meg for 5 hours, even if you go over that limit at 8.59, so I have all my programs set to limiters from 4 till 9 grrr

cheers for that mate i didnt know the exact details of how they worked but saying that i havent had this trouble before in the past ive downloaded say 2 360 games before 7 at the full speed i only usually get effected between 7 & 12 then back to norm, weird

yeah, if your going to download anything big, do it as near to 4pm as poss, that way the 5 hours cap aint so bad, it will be not far gone 9pm, but if you do it at say 7pm, then you will have to wait till 12 to get ur full speed back :) 20 meg drops 2 5, 4 meg ( now 10 in most places for free) use to drop to 1 when it was 4, and 2 meg drops 2 1 meg

cheers for that mate i didnt know the exact details of how they worked but saying that i havent had this trouble before in the past ive downloaded say 2 360 games before 7 at the full speed i only usually get effected between 7 & 12 then back to norm, weird

i managed to grab the whole thing earlier without being hit with a speed drop on my 20mb connection. this is my last post till later tonight.

enjoy the game guys. its a good one.

Did they change it then or is it different depending on service level subs? The speed capping timeframe was between 4pm until midnight on the 4meg(now 10 with free upgrade) last time I looked.

I'm on the 4meg(although its 10 now) and on the 4 meg I think you are allowed to download 850mb and then you get speed capped all the way down to 1meg :( The speed cap lasts 4 hours and then you're back to full speed but its still not happy days... cos when you hit 850mb again you get capped for another 4 hours :grrrr:

Like I say I dont know if theyve changed it or if the timeframes are different for different service levels but thats how it works on 4(10) meg last time I looked lol

***update***Yup...they changed it lol. Obviously I didnt want to post a link so just copied and pasted from their website for those of you who are not sure about how the traffic shaping works with regards to times and limits :)

Traffic management
We don't like traffic jams
Here at Virgin Media, we want all our customers to get the best service possible from their Broadband. That means speedy downloads for all users - not just a few.

When someone is downloading and/or uploading a particularly large amount of information over a long period of time, it can slow down the Internet speed for other users who might just be checking their email or browsing online. So to make sure our service is fair for everybody, we sometimes moderate the speeds during peak times (4pm till 9pm) for customers who are downloading and/or uploading an unusually large amount at these times.

This ensures that the service doesn't get blocked up with people using more than their fair share – which means a lot fewer traffic jams.

Will my download speed be affected?
Your speed won't be moderated unless you're in the top 3% of users (uploaders and downloaders). Our boffins ran a trial to see how much our service was being affected. They discovered that, in certain areas, just 3% of customers were uploading and/or downloading such a large amount of content that it was affecting the service for other users in these areas.

There is some overlap in the 3% of uploaders and the 3% of downloaders. Our data has identified that the top 3% of uploaders and downloaders makes up fewer than 5% of all users.

And we're not talking about just a few video clips. In some cases the top 3% of uploaders and downloaders were using as much as 3GB, just during peak times. That's around 750 music tracks in the space of a few hours.

So, unless you're using an unusually large amount of information at peak times, we won't restrict your service and you can use to your heart's content.

Aren't you simply trying to cut costs?
We've never believed in cutting costs for the sake of it. We want to deliver the best possible value to all our customers - and that's exactly what we're doing. That's why we've recently doubled the speed of our top broadband package up to a supersonic 20Mb, and will be launching 50Mb broadband services in the future.

When will this new policy be launched?
The updated traffic management policy is now in place across the network. The policy for the 10Mb profile of the 'L' broadband package is rolled out as the package speeds are increased from 4Mb. More information can be found at www.virginmedia.com/evenfaster on the timescales for the rollout.

What traffic management policies are you applying to the heaviest users?
That depends on the broadband package you're signed up to. And it's important to remember that these traffic management policies only apply during peak times (4pm till 9pm) - as this is when the speeds are likely to be affected by people using more than their fair share.

The Technical stuff
Here are some details about the different thresholds for each broadband service:

Broadband Size: M
During peak times, the top 3% of downloaders on the Size: M package download at least 300MB of traffic each, with the top 3% of uploaders uploading at least 150MB of traffic each.

Any users hitting this amount during peak times (4pm till 9pm) will have their broadband speed temporarily traffic managed - their download speed will be set to 1Mb, with their upload speed set to 128Kb. This will last for 5 hours from when the traffic management policy is applied.

Even if a Broadband Size: M user has their speed temporarily traffic managed, they can still download over 2,500 music files per day.

Broadband Size: L
During peak times, the top 3% of downloaders on the Size: L package download at least 800MB of traffic each, with the top 3% of uploaders uploading at least 325MB of traffic each.

Any users hitting this amount during peak times (4pm till 9pm) will have their broadband speed temporarily traffic managed - their download speed will be set to 1Mb, with their upload speed set to 128Kb. This will last for 5 hours from when the traffic management policy is applied.

Even if a Broadband: Size L user has their speed temporarily traffic managed, they can still download over 5,500 music files per day.

Note: We are in the process of rolling out a speed uplift for the Size 'L' broadband tier, that increases customer download speeds from up to 4Mb to up to 10Mb.

As customers are upgraded, the traffic management policy for the upgraded package changes accordingly.

In areas where 10Mb speeds are available, the top 3% of downloaders download at least 800MB of traffic each during the peak period each evening, with the top 3% of uploaders uploading at least 400MB of traffic in the same period.

Any users hitting this amount during peak times (4pm till 9pm) will have their broadband speed temporarily traffic managed – their download speed will be set to 2.5Mb, with their upload speed set to 128Kb. This will last for 5 hours from when the traffic management policy is applied.

Even if a Broadband: Size L user has their speed temporarily traffic managed, they can still download over 14,000 music files per day.

Broadband Size: XL
During peak times, the top 3% of downloaders on the Size: XL package download at least 3GB of traffic each, with the top 3% of uploaders uploading at least 1250MB of traffic each.

Any users hitting this amount during peak times (4pm till 9pm) will have their broadband speed temporarily traffic managed - their download speed will be set to 5Mb, with their upload speed set to 192Kb. This will last for 5 hours from when the traffic management policy is applied.

How do we know this will work?
Well, as we said, we've carried out a trial in which we looked closely at when the heaviest users were affecting the service for everybody else.

We found that this small minority of customers were actually downloading or uploading enough information to significantly affect the service for other customers' broadband service. To put it another way, just 3% of uploaders and downloaders were affecting the service for the other 97% of uploaders and downloaders during peak times (that's between 4pm and 9pm).

What's more, we noticed that when we restricted the speed of the service for this 3% of users who were uploading and/or downloading, we had a positive response from customers (there were less calls into our technical support teams regarding problems with broadband performance). We also noticed that the broadband speed was faster for the vast majority of users.

Will the thresholds change?
The way that our customers use their broadband is changing all the time, so it's possible that in the future we may increase or decrease the thresholds - don't worry though, we'll always let you know on our website if we're going to make any changes, and we don't expect the thresholds to change very often.

How can I tell if I'm nearing the threshold?
There are several tools that you can use to check how much you're downloading or uploading. One particularly useful tool you can download is called DU Meter.

If you'd like to use a different tool, you might like to www.tucows.com

Last edited:
Back