Got My dreambox 500C! couple of Q?

ok its found 177 transponder scanned all of them

zero

nothing!?

i think dreambox is a lot more dam difficult then the dbox2. If using a RJ45 cable is it possible to flash new box (which has enigma) with neutrino image also does image need to be renamed and which program do you use???

Please help!!!

@fes,

sorry about the neutrino info, its not helping you.

If the tuner is loose use a teaspoon , poke it thru the grille and reseat the tuner if you can. This wont invalidate the warranty (!)

If its still loose then it will have to go back,

Flash on enigma 3.3 form this forum. When it vboots you should see a nice platinum skin and mgacamd or evocamd message. If you get a Setup wizard then flash on gemini 3.3 AGAIN. It will work second time (using fw pro 6.3)

Now on boot up do a scan of 6887.

Also try to place the dream on the feed nearest the front door ....
Dont fixate on boosters just yet.

im gonna get booster and cross over cable 2morrow

and will check it out

but this is damn hard

much harder than i thought

@fes,

sorry about the neutrino info, its not helping you.

If the tuner is loose use a teaspoon , poke it thru the grille and reseat the tuner if you can. This wont invalidate the warranty (!)

If its still loose then it will have to go back,

Flash on enigma 3.3 form this forum. When it vboots you should see a nice platinum skin and mgacamd or evocamd message. If you get a Setup wizard then flash on gemini 3.3 AGAIN. It will work second time (using fw pro 6.3)

Now on boot up do a scan of 6887.

Also try to place the dream on the feed nearest the front door ....
Dont fixate on boosters just yet.

could u give me a link of the image m8

and i only got null modem cable 2day

but enigma should be ok

i heard its netrino that is picky with null or cross over

cheers

If you have any doubt that it's a faulty box, send dvb an email and they will take it back. If they confirm it's faulty they will send you a new one.

It's possible that it has on old tuner but most of the boxes that come now have new tuners.

if you still don't get anywhere after flashing a few images on to it...take the above advice from devilfish.

ok now this is intresting

i unplugged feed from dreambox
and guess what!

snr 43%
AGC 99%
BER 0

thats with no feed in and its doing a scan!

but with feed in its still same

i think the tuner is faulty then

gut feeling is you have just got a temp snafu. check its seating and stick on gemini 3.3 (twice if needed and rescan). Will only take a wee bit of time.

gut feeling is you have just got a temp snafu. check its seating and stick on gemini 3.3 (twice if needed and rescan). Will only take a wee bit of time.

normally when u stick a image on

it says erase flash or somthing in a popup box well with the link and that backup image it didn't say it

edit//

22:07:53 box type: DM500
22:08:02 Ping result: OK, box is alive and speaking to us ;-)
22:08:20 Found no valid jffs2 in image, flash-erase not supported
22:08:20 Uploading file to box...

what ver of dreamup are you using , should be 1.2.2 I think. I can email you a fw2 backup of an irish 3.3 if you want, pm me an email addy if it fails to work. Its 7mb so make sure you have space.

ok i stuck a small metal piece in through the grill and pushed tuners

just waiting 4 the image to load

edit

when u touch the antener in thingy u can move it up and down
both of them

thats not good , use a bit more force with the spoon ! Its clearly loose, if you cant plug it in thru grille then return it.

ok conclusion is its fooked

tuner moves about

.etc

i emailed dvb and just waiting 4 a reply now

hope the next 1 he sends is working

by the way do the fookin UPS GUYZ play footie with the parcels or somthing???

because corners of the box it came in were messed up

well i'll let u know what happens

and thank you

everyone
for all of ur help

i got one from DVB and tuner was exact same, bouncing around. the guy from DVB had one in the post before mine was even collected again, he must be aware of this fault

Back