Got banned !! xbox live

Just got in and my son said he got banned, he never played cod5 online but did play and gow2 online.

I will await the conclusions from the experts that are reading up about it.

Just out of curiousity and also to be safe. If I swap the hard drive to keep the user profile,gamertag and saves, would it be best to delete any saves from gow2 or any other game that was played and is not release date yet ???

#fw is where M$ get IP adresses and usernames.

They can try ;)

-
Oggy is [email protected] * oggyUK
Oggy on Channels Removed
Oggy using irc.SHOUTcast.com HELLO WORLD
Oggy actually using host 67.220.74.37 Not my IP lol
Oggy has been idle 10mins 21secs, signed on Sat Nov 08 06:35:10
Oggy End of /WHOIS list.

Just out of curiousity and also to be safe. If I swap the hard drive to keep the user profile,gamertag and saves, would it be best to delete any saves from gow2 or any other game that was played and is not release date yet ???
u only did your box a few months back didnt u ?

So what would everybody advise be ? im not banned yet and i bloody well dont want to get banned do i change my harddrive i have like 3 hard drives ? would that make a diffrence ? and has anybody pin pointed which game it is or is it not the games have they found the firmware on our consoles?

A little off key but do you reckon M$ get suspicious that a bunch of people get nearly every new game at the very least within a week of launch, flag them and just wait for them to slip up???

Bad isos, Likely to be review copy's which have been going around lately!

Fallout 3 seed4me was a review copy

So is Quantum of solace Syndicate

I wouldnt touch the games!

QoS you couldn't go online, it disconnected your from live when you put the disk in

QoS you couldn't go online, it disconnected your from live when you put the disk in

That was the review copy, never heard of a game disconnecting you, sounds dodgy. Could very easily be a culprit, nobody know of yet anyways!

@Witchy are you sure your banned, I just checked mine, and said you was online 3 hours ago mate??

Not sure why people are getting banned, but wasnt there a big ban wave last time gears of war came out. Could be mistaken, but could be a massive coincidence.

Deffo banned mate, status screen has all the important numbers.

I was logged into the Live website a few hours ago and sent a few PM's to people, maybe it has flagged me as being online coz I was using their PM service.

Did you play any of them, review copys witchy?

why try to blame one game or group, M$ could of put flag code in any game at any time, they wrote the code behind the machine so surely they know of anyway in and out, this latest retaliation will just boost console sales.

why try to blame one game or group, M$ could of put flag code in any game at any time, they wrote the code behind the machine so surely they know of anyway in and out, this latest retaliation will just boost console sales.

So your saying they could flag a retail rip and somehow know which one was official and which one was copy?

We already had a warning when a top 360 ripping group X360INT let rip into seed4me for releasing review copys.

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/188571/

Last edited by a moderator:
So your saying they could flag a retail rip and somehow know which one was official and which one was copy?

We already had a warning when a top 360 ripping group X360INT let rip into seed4me for releasing review copys.

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/188571/

I just find it odd that the best games to come all year have hit us in the past 3-4 weeks before the actual rls date the banning begins.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone who has played a non-retail or early release copy is effected by this ban, According to C4eva - Microsoft has not changed detection for backups.

Anyone who has played a non-retail or early release copy is effected by this ban, According to C4eva - Microsoft has not changed detection for backups.

Ok witchy mate.

I have played a review copy of SR2, and I aint banned. Although never went online. The grim has said on TL that its not his releases that are getting people banned, but a combination of the games and people playing online early. No-one can give a definative answer sadly.

Back