Good Sat Meter

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I want to realign my dish that blew off line in the winds we had :)

are the ones from like Argos or Screw Fix OK ? will they do the job correctly ?

they will help but not very good, they wont tell you what sat your on or the BER, you could always use the sat finder built into enigma images.

this is something Ive never done before mate
is it difficult to do ?

not really, depends on access to your dish. if you have a smart phone you could always look for the dish pointer app.

how far off is your dish? are you getting some picture but breaking up?

I really dont know how much its off tbh mate
I get no signal at all so its off quite a bit id say

ok, fized dish or motorised? have you got a smart phone? oh and rough location.

rat sorry mate i been non stop been meaning to get over :S

the meter i got was a cheap maplins jobbie.. just will be a fact of rotating the motor round the mast.. as im sure that is what would have moved..

oh and check the pole is plum as well if its spun in the T+K brackets

Np neo :)
thanks guys Ill look into it

get a meter from argos Buy SLx Satellite Finder at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Freesat accessories. then when you
set it up,take it back to argos i used one of these, with a homemade battery pack so ididnt have to connect it to the reciever lined it up on thor
peaked the signal to best i could get it then tighten it all up,also a tip what i did i still had the beeper connected to motor while i tighten the dish
up,so i knew i was still peaking the signal,and if you want info about the homemade battery pack il post it up for ya

finally got round to sorting this today :) so now I can flick through thousands of channels I'll never watch :lol:

don't ask me how I done it, lets call it luck :)

I need to do mine, someone tried to get it off the wall so I think the motor is fcuked.
It's pointing at the floor now :(

finally got round to sorting this today :) so now I can flick through thousands of channels I'll never watch :lol:

don't ask me how I done it, lets call it luck :)

Fair play to getting it sorted Rat.

I would use the sat meter in your receiver if it happens again so you can fine tune the signal and arc of the dish.

Saves you buying meters.

Regards

The Fruit

well tbh I just moved it a bit until I got a picture lol
still not quite right I dont think as I get nothing found on 30W

how do you use the sat meter in the receiver mate ? maybe I can fine tune it
Dreambox 800SE

I need to do mine, someone tried to get it off the wall so I think the motor is fcuked.
It's pointing at the floor now :(

Im no installer mate lol but if you need a helping hand Ill be willing to pop over and help out

Dreambox 800SE

Theres a app for that ;)

I was looking for 3D FTA channels really for something to do
noticed no matter what satellite I scan I cant get High TV 3D :err: and its on a few

I think it needs some fine tuning lol

whats the app Wiz ? you mean for box or phone ?

Had to do mine the other day too, literally had the shite sat meter in the picture connected to a sky receiver to power it and the other end to the LNB bypassing the motor, and used the duo to power the motor, lined up on 0.8W my southern sat. Was up the ladder manually pressing the buttons to move the motor while i kept an eye on the sat meter to see if it peaked the signal, this was at 5 Am in the morning. Removed the annoying buzzer out the sat meter, to keep the peace with my ears and the neighbours LOL

Attachments

• sat meter.JPG
    sat meter.JPG
    13.7 KB · Views: 21

Dreambox 800SE

Move your dish to the reference satellite and then in your receiver go to service searching and it should say sat finder. Then just align your dish to your referenece satellite (thor) till you get the best possible signal.. (ie SNR) Might be easier if you use a patch lead and then use a portable telly... Or if you can see your main telly from where you dish is your laughing.. Then you just move dish to far east and far west and double check you can receive the satellite... and then check signal..

I put most of the information in my guide... Just takes a little paitence and you will be beaming in the signal in no time.

What size dish do you have Rat?

Had to do mine the other day too, literally had the shite sat meter in the picture connected to a sky receiver to power it and the other end to the LNB bypassing the motor, and used the duo to power the motor, lined up on 0.8W my southern sat. Was up the ladder manually pressing the buttons to move the motor while i kept an eye on the sat meter to see if it peaked the signal, this was at 5 Am in the morning. Removed the annoying buzzer out the sat meter, to keep the peace with my ears and the neighbours LOL

Personally I would stay well clear of them meters when doing a motorised... They can do the job but there not very precise and that buzzing they make does my head in...

LOL 5am... Was there something on the tv you where desperate to watch?

Ill have a go mate :) just scanning 23.5e see if that brings it in :)

1M dish mate :)

Back