Good Sat Meter

You should be raping the signal in m8..

Have a flick through here: https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/286306/

What I always say is make sure mount is dead plumb and then drive motor to reference sat position... Align it and get best possible signal and then nip up all bolts... Move your dish 42E AND THEN 30W or more if you can do it and then check you get signal.. Once on a channel on 30w flex your dish GENTLY up and then down and see if the signal goes up or down.. If the signal dont move your bang on the arc... But if it goes up when your flex it you will need to adjust motor elevation and then dish declination.

Then try on 42e and same again.. basically once you have done this you should be following the arc very precisly and then you will get a nice signal on all sats... You should easily be able to pick up 26e and other sats..... Try getting mbc channels on 26e.. You should get a good sig on them once your dish is lined up.

Let us know how you get on.

The Fruit

Last edited by a moderator:
on Thor 0.8W BBC World im getitng 47% SNR

way to low mate... I get 99% showing on my ultimo.. Now all tuners are different... but you should be getting a minimum of 90%

BBC1 28.2 83%

I'll have to look into it a bit more
Will be next weekend now I think

Can I tweak it from any menus or is it moving the dish up a ladder ?

Up ladder job Rat if your only getting 83% on BBC1 on 28.2e

Aim to get your reference satellite as strong as possible and all other sats should drop in.. Then 28.2 should be very strong.. On my 43cm dish im getting 98% snr on bbc so yes ladder jobby

Personally I would stay well clear of them meters when doing a motorised... They can do the job but there not very precise and that buzzing they make does my head in...

LOL 5am... Was there something on the tv you where desperate to watch?

Took the buzzer out ;) With the equipment I had at hand, it Did the job for me :)

Took the buzzer out ;) With the equipment I had at hand, it Did the job for me :)

Yes they do the job but i would always recommend peeps using a meter... But at the end of the day if you get picture on your tv its all good.

:drink:

@fruitball what reading do you get for BBC World news on 30w and for CNN Turk on 42e please,just for future reference :)

Hey up WIZ

Not sure which tp for bbc world on 30w you want me to check but here is screenshots using 1m Dish

99%SNR ON BOTH :kitty:

cnn turn.jpg
bbc world.jpg

What signal are you getting m8?

if me and dutcho get bored this summer, you may just end up with a satellite engineer camping in your garden again m8

watching you sort your dish out :proud:

if me and dutcho get bored this summer, you may just end up with a satellite engineer camping in your garden again m8

watching you sort your dish out :proud:

pmsl... I will come to just to drink your beer supply and hide Rats lnb when he is not looking hehe

Last edited:
i wouldnt mind buying a decent meter but they aint cheap.

You can usually pick up a good second hand one for quite cheap on fleabay or gumtree. Just spent nearly a grand on a meter for work... but have a couple in the van for rainy days and for lending out if im on a 2 man job and I paid between £100-£200 and do the job well... Love my horizon meters

Back