going from cable to sat

sprocketjan

Inactive User
Reaction score
im crossing over from cable to sat so can any body point me in the direction of where to buy a motorised dish and a dreambox please

Just stay clear away for Technomate cos there shite but moving from cable to sky is a good move.

I'm going to be really honest, when I jumped from cable to sat I was hell intent on getting a motorised dish but ended up with a fixed dish. Why? There are loads of channels out there but I decided I'd be more than happy with 28.2e for the time being. What I did do though was buy a larger 85cm dish (yes I know I should have gone for the metre but my wife wouldn't have it :)) so that all I have to to is add a motor in the future should an itch need scratching. :)

I'm going to be really honest, when I jumped from cable to sat I was hell intent on getting a motorised dish but ended up with a fixed dish. Why? There are loads of channels out there but I decided I'd be more than happy with 28.2e for the time being. What I did do though was buy a larger 85cm dish (yes I know I should have gone for the metre but my wife wouldn't have it :)) so that all I have to to is add a motor in the future should an itch need scratching. :)

Think of the football man!!!!

Get that motor!!!

i had a motor , and got fed up with it and binned it .. i just have fixed 28.2 (sky) and well happy ..
Basically..if you want DECENT epg then get a LINUX box (vusolo/uno..DM800 ..few others)
if you want a basic box easy setup but not so good epg(now and next) go for Spider ..DM500 .. TM ..
Avoid TM800 , rest are good.

Please tell us what you want in more detail ...
Do u want HD ?
Do u want PVR/record to HDD
do you want internal or prefer external HDD to record ..
how much money u spending ??
lots of questions to find you a suitable box .

have you thought about adding a couple of extra lnb's pointing to 19.2 and 13 east and that would give you a lot more footie

The extra LNBs were what I was planning on doing at some stage, instant access and no waiting for the motor to whir round :)

Back