Go Compare Rubbish!!!

Mick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Feck me almost paid £600 over on my car insurance today but for 5 minutes thinking I will try somewhere else!

Long story short I had an accident a few years back hit a cyclist unfortunately on my commercial van insurance.

Anyway my car insurance went right up.

I always used go compare, and went through there quote system - my insurance with the accident at (BEST) £1800 with 500 excess.

I just thought it was too much I have always been used to paying around £600 to £800 a year with 9 years No claims on my car insurance.

So just thought I would try COMPARE THE MARKET just to see.

Anyway when the prices started coming up around £1100 the best I was shocked to say the least, I added a no claims protection and all the frills lol seeing as I was already saving £700 it came in at £1,215 with the RAC (250 Excess).

Re checked I entered all the details correct, which they was.

Very Happy lol

Moral of the story -

1) dont hit cyclists :(
2) Shop around guys, do not settle for your renewal.

GoCompare can Go Away!!!

Mick

Moral of the story -

1) dont hit cyclists :(
2) Shop around guys, do not settle for your renewal.

GoCompare can Go Away!!!

Mick

Good tip...I went on there to compare my dual fuel..still lost.

Last edited by a moderator:
i found compare the market more expensive and go compare ok price wise. I wont ever touch direct line ever again (another story).
One thing i dont miss from back in the day was spending days on the phone only to speak to the same company two or three times under different names.

That does seem a lot of money though, especially considering ive got two cars one on 35k per year and jointly the insurance comes in just over 600 notes. Ive had two accidents in the last 5 years (one fault and the other non fault) and both are listed.
I suspect its down to the area you live, has there been a spate of car thefts lately in your area? If it is down to that i would get a tracker or similar fitted and try for a requote then.

Yeah the area is one of the most expensive in england unfortunately!

But before I hit the cyclist I had an Audi A4 2009 S Line, and my insurance was £700 I think a year.

We bought a Mercedes C class 2013, in march this year. I knew it would go up, but fecking £1800 was a joke!

I had a quote for £1000 but the excess was £3000 lol.

Everyone is trying to rip you off lol!

Mick

Yeah the area is one of the most expensive in england unfortunately!

But before I hit the cyclist I had an Audi A4 2009 S Line, and my insurance was £700 I think a year.

We bought a Mercedes C class 2013, in march this year. I knew it would go up, but fecking £1800 was a joke!

I had a quote for £1000 but the excess was £3000 lol.

Everyone is trying to rip you off lol!

Mick

fook me i though i was getting over charged renewed my insurance yest cost me £290 with £30 cash back after 90 days that is fully comp protected with 13 years no claims on a 2006 E220 merc and i live in one of the highest areas for insurannce

I generally use money supermarket dot com ...... may be worth a try

my new quote from tesco is £855:36p after using comparethemarket Cheapest price:
£399.81

big saving.

Just a quick note, do you guys not use quidco or topcashback....to get a cash back from you purchases

just got £70 back from aviva for my daughters car insurance

£232 so far with quidco

£770 so far with topcashback

also just compared my gas and electric via uswitch.......only listed the big companys

so tried telegraph money found lots of small companies cheaper

result...compare them all

fook me i though i was getting over charged renewed my insurance yest cost me £290 with £30 cash back after 90 days that is fully comp protected with 13 years no claims on a 2006 E220 merc and i live in one of the highest areas for insurance

Yeah without the injury to the cyclist (£12,000 settled) my insurance was £589 (cheapest) lol.

I really took this guy out though (ambulances the lot, I thought for a minute I had killed him), completely my fault...

Mick

Yeah without the injury to the cyclist (£12,000 settled) my insurance was £589 (cheapest) lol.

I really took this guy out though (ambulances the lot, I thought for a minute I had killed him), completely my fault...

Mick

well at least he ok as the rest (money ) don't really matter

I bet the poor sod had a Spurs shirt on and you only wanted to clip him ;)

Back